Blog, Website & Page Publishing

elcapitan
Participante

benefits of hosting blog and landing pages on hubspot over wordpress

resolver

I see that in the setup of hubspot, there's an option to add sub-domains for blog and landing pages. What is the benefit of creating a sub-domain and pointing it at a blog and/or landing pages hosted by hubspot? 

Is there any extra dagta hubspot provides when it's hosted on it? 

0 Avaliação positiva
3 Solução aceitas
Phil_Vallender
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @elcapitan 

Late response, but, in case it helps others that find this post:

If you host your landing pages and blog posts on a website built in wordpress and hosted at your main domain then you can't use HubSpot's landing page creation of blogging tools to publish that content (unless you upgrade enterprise and use reverse proxy).

You can continue to track visitors to those pages and embed HubSpot CTAs and forms in them in order to convert leads - but you many not get fully analytic visibility over their journey and you may have to create more CTAs and forms that you would have to were you hosting in HubSpot. 

Fundamentally, if you want to have a website in WordPress and use HubSpot's blogging and landing page tools at the same time  then you have to have those two things hosted on different subdomains. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Exibir solução no post original

danmoyle
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Elite

resolver

Hi @SelenWarner. Great question. 

First, a quick acknowledgement. I tell clients all the time that it's not the most critical thing to get everything into HubSpot. But it definitely comes with some benefits. Integrations and data connections are great, but housing as much as you can in HubSpot connects everything much more seamlessly. 

In fact, we've shared some deep info on this at Impulse Creative: WordPress vs HubSpot: The 2023 Comparison. We break down a ton of this or that conversation - it's really a great piece IMO.

On the personal side, way back when I first used HubSpot, we hosted our main site somewhere completely different, and I built the blog and landing pages in HubSpot. I found the biggest pro to that was the speed at which I could create content, test, analyze, and iterate. I didn't need any dev help or IT assistance. I just did the work. 

And it was all just linked to the main site. But I couldn't improve that main site as easily, so we migrated everything into HubSpot. Keep in mind, this was in the early days (2012-2016) when the HubSpot CMS wasn't as good as it is now. 

So I'd say that while it's not critical, the benefits of better data, connected elements, and ease of use, make it a very attractive move to migrate. 

Just my two cents. 

Thanks for the tag @BérangèreL 😊 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

Jnix284
Solução

resolver

@SelenWarner couldn't agree more with @danmoyle's feedback.

To me, the biggest benefit is streamlining processes and creating a consistent design language across the website, blog, and landing pages via themes - a theme in HubSpot will give you global brand control and seamless design across all content types, which goes a long way in providing a good UX/UI.

There are also a lot of features in CMS hub (depending on your tier), like smart content, HubDB for dynamic content, and global content, that offer a lot of additional value.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

13 Respostas 13
SelenWarner
Participante

resolver

I am curious about this as well. We just became a customer and are in the process of implementing Hubspot. During sales calls, I was told that the CTAs and Forms and the tracking code tracks ANY AND ALL traffic data. So, what is the real benefit of migrating our content from Wordpress to Hubspot? Is there a table that outlines the differences? 

danmoyle
Solução

resolver

Hi @SelenWarner. Great question. 

First, a quick acknowledgement. I tell clients all the time that it's not the most critical thing to get everything into HubSpot. But it definitely comes with some benefits. Integrations and data connections are great, but housing as much as you can in HubSpot connects everything much more seamlessly. 

In fact, we've shared some deep info on this at Impulse Creative: WordPress vs HubSpot: The 2023 Comparison. We break down a ton of this or that conversation - it's really a great piece IMO.

On the personal side, way back when I first used HubSpot, we hosted our main site somewhere completely different, and I built the blog and landing pages in HubSpot. I found the biggest pro to that was the speed at which I could create content, test, analyze, and iterate. I didn't need any dev help or IT assistance. I just did the work. 

And it was all just linked to the main site. But I couldn't improve that main site as easily, so we migrated everything into HubSpot. Keep in mind, this was in the early days (2012-2016) when the HubSpot CMS wasn't as good as it is now. 

So I'd say that while it's not critical, the benefits of better data, connected elements, and ease of use, make it a very attractive move to migrate. 

Just my two cents. 

Thanks for the tag @BérangèreL 😊 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
JMcBeath
Membro

resolver

I just went to your article comparing Hubspot to WP.  Its not really accurate and either is comparing Hubspot to wordpress.com general services or something that doesn't tell the accurate picture.  Most of those red X's should be check marks and we always need to remember the Hubspot cost.  Hubspot CMS is NOT cheap and often you need to combine Hubspot marketing AND CMS to get all we'd like.

Examples:
- Hosting on WP = not included, need to pay.  Well, at $350 per month for CMS, Hubspot is WAY more expensive than WP to host.  By a zero.
- You CAN use your own domain name for WP.  Your answer makes it seem you cannot.  Simply point the DNS to the host IP.
- Drag and drop editing = You said No... probably old news, as most leading themes have drag and drop editing now and are based on epic user interfaces (Divi etc.)
- Customized themes = difficult to access.  Um.  No.  There are millions of themes.
- Header and footer = depends on theme.  Again, most theme's have a header and footer and not an arguement as you can simply choose a theme with both. This again hints that WP doesn't have any options there.

In general you make WP out to be the clear loser in this article as you have to add plug ins etc.; unfortunately, it simply isn't the case.  CMS wise, WP towers over Hubspot for many reasons.  Freedom of design, ease of use, 3rd party plug ins that can change a simple site to a full magazine, ecommerce system or community page in hours and often times for free or a $60 theme. 

I do like Hubspot and use it for clients but you spend a great deal of money monthly to get CMS features that are way more limited than WP.  So lets talk about the data.  The real Hubspot strength:

What I'd like to see is what data and/or processes in lead management etc. you miss from a WordPress install with the HubSpot plug in.  Compared to building your site in Hubspot directly.  Is there a chart of that?

0 Avaliação positiva
Jnix284

resolver

I think it's always good to be critical of comparisons @JMcBeath and you've made some very good points - both WP and HS have changed a lot over the last few years, it's hard to keep an accurate comparison (not sure if that's the case with the link Dan provided).

I don't have a chart comparing lead management/data for WP vs HS, here are a few things that I think make HS stand apart if you're using HS for marketing/sales and your website is external vs CMS Hub:

1 - HubDB and dynamic content for the win. 

Have team names/info throughout your website? how are you managing it in WP when a team member leaves? In HubSpot with HubDB and dynamic content, it can be done much quicker/easier via database than scouring every page.

Teams, FAQ, testimonials, any content that has high volume and consistent changes (for example in homebuilding you have communities, floor plans, homes for sale, lenders, etc.) all that can be dynamically managed through HubDB and connected to your website.

2 - CRM integration for membership portals

Directly connect your CRM to membership portals to surface information, allow members to make updates, renew, etc.

3 - Smart Content and personalization

creating smart content effectively has one of the greatest ROIs for CMS Hub users, especially when combined with A/B tests and data-driven design, conversion rates are easily 5-10X what they were on WP pre-migration to HS.

WP exists for a reason, as does WebFlow and CMS Hub - there isn't one CMS or website solution for everyone. The best solution for one client is likely the worst for another.

I don't prefer working with WP so I don't take on those clients, I also try not to oversimplify any CMS by comparing them broadly - they just aren't apples to apples and while it wouldn't make a big difference for some clients, it could be a huge difference for others.

I'm equally curious if there's data on this @JMcBeath, thanks for asking the question and for the throrough analysis - keep asking questions, it's how we all get better!! 

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

0 Avaliação positiva
Jnix284
Solução

resolver

@SelenWarner couldn't agree more with @danmoyle's feedback.

To me, the biggest benefit is streamlining processes and creating a consistent design language across the website, blog, and landing pages via themes - a theme in HubSpot will give you global brand control and seamless design across all content types, which goes a long way in providing a good UX/UI.

There are also a lot of features in CMS hub (depending on your tier), like smart content, HubDB for dynamic content, and global content, that offer a lot of additional value.

BérangèreL
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @SelenWarner,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I'd like to share this article "Wordpress vs HubSpot" that might be of interest to you.

@JRoy88@Jenniferlope and @MNand do you have any feedback to give to @SelenWarner regarding the advantages of migrating to HubSpot (instead of Wordpress), please?

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation @danmoyle, @Josh and @Jnix284 do you have any use case regarding this, please?

If anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thanks and have a lovely day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

Phil_Vallender

resolver

Hi @elcapitan 

This may have improved somewhat recently, but in the past you got the most complete customer journey analytics if you hosted blog posts and landing pages on the platform. Forms and CTAs embedded in platforms didn't report back with full granularity. 

There is also the CDN, SSL, image optimisaiton and other speed/security/reliability features that are built in - although these can be replicated in WordPress environment with some effort.

Hope this helps.

elcapitan
Participante

resolver

thanks Phil, 

I'm curious from the setup perspective, is it better to create a subdomain for blogs and landing pages? Not quite sure I understand why that's needed. 

Adrian

0 Avaliação positiva
Phil_Vallender

resolver

Hi @elcapitan 

Better than what alternative? 

0 Avaliação positiva
elcapitan
Participante

resolver

Hi Phil, 

Apologies on the late response. 

The alternative is to host both the blog and landing pages on say, a wordpress site. 

What I'm trying to gather information on is why it's better to have a subdomain for blogs and landing pages hosted at hubspot vs. just having a site with /blog or /landing_page1 etc. 

I'm not sure if I'm making my question clear. I'd like to understand the goal of setting up subdomains and hosting with hubspot, vs. simply hosting on a wordpress site. 

Hope that makes sense, 

Adrian

Phil_Vallender
Solução

resolver

Hi @elcapitan 

Late response, but, in case it helps others that find this post:

If you host your landing pages and blog posts on a website built in wordpress and hosted at your main domain then you can't use HubSpot's landing page creation of blogging tools to publish that content (unless you upgrade enterprise and use reverse proxy).

You can continue to track visitors to those pages and embed HubSpot CTAs and forms in them in order to convert leads - but you many not get fully analytic visibility over their journey and you may have to create more CTAs and forms that you would have to were you hosting in HubSpot. 

Fundamentally, if you want to have a website in WordPress and use HubSpot's blogging and landing page tools at the same time  then you have to have those two things hosted on different subdomains. 

Hope this helps.

olimottola
Colaborador(a)

resolver

@Phil_Vallender wrote:

Hi Phil, can you expand on this?
Are you saying that if we upgrade Hubspot to enterprise level we are able to publish landing pages or blog posts using through hubspot while still having a website being hosted on wordpress?
Also, when you say Hubspot enterprise, do you mean CMS enterprise or Marketing Enterprise?

Thanks!

JMMCC
Membro

resolver

If you do not upgrade to Enterprise, what are the advantages of setting up a sub-domain on HUbSpot to host Landing pages? and your blog? If you have a wordpress website and do not intend to use the CMS. Still unsure from the threads above?