benefits of hosting blog and landing pages on hubspot over wordpress

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I see that in the setup of hubspot, there's an option to add sub-domains for blog and landing pages. What is the benefit of creating a sub-domain and pointing it at a blog and/or landing pages hosted by hubspot? 

Is there any extra dagta hubspot provides when it's hosted on it? 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @elcapitan 

This may have improved somewhat recently, but in the past you got the most complete customer journey analytics if you hosted blog posts and landing pages on the platform. Forms and CTAs embedded in platforms didn't report back with full granularity. 

There is also the CDN, SSL, image optimisaiton and other speed/security/reliability features that are built in - although these can be replicated in WordPress environment with some effort.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Occasional Contributor

thanks Phil, 

I'm curious from the setup perspective, is it better to create a subdomain for blogs and landing pages? Not quite sure I understand why that's needed. 

Adrian

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @elcapitan 

Better than what alternative? 

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Phil, 

Apologies on the late response. 

The alternative is to host both the blog and landing pages on say, a wordpress site. 

What I'm trying to gather information on is why it's better to have a subdomain for blogs and landing pages hosted at hubspot vs. just having a site with /blog or /landing_page1 etc. 

I'm not sure if I'm making my question clear. I'd like to understand the goal of setting up subdomains and hosting with hubspot, vs. simply hosting on a wordpress site. 

Hope that makes sense, 

Adrian

0 Upvotes