Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Hugo

Wrong stats in LP

SOLVE

Hello, 

I created a new landing page with hubspot and I inserted a form inside. I have been several times on this landing page in order to test the form and I filled it with several different addresses in order to see if it worked.

Problem: In the statistics of my landing page, it is indicated that the number of "submission" is still equal to 0. I can only see my submissions inside my form. Why is this not updated?

Thank you

Hugo

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Wrong stats in LP

SOLVE

Hi @Hugo,

The reason that you are not seeing your own form submissions in your Landing Page stats is due to the fact that your own activity is being filtered out based on your IP address: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-do-i-find-my-ip-address-to-filter-fr...

HubSpot filters out activity from a company's IP address, in addition to activity from HubSpot's IP addresses (i.e. Support performing actions in your portal), so as to not skew your data. Indeed, we expect that employees will perform a number of tests on their own content, and don't want this to reflect inaccurately in their reporting. Therefore, though you can see that submissions were made on the form level, these submissions aren't included in your landing page analytics.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this topic!

All the best,

May

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Wrong stats in LP

SOLVE

Hi @Hugo,

The reason that you are not seeing your own form submissions in your Landing Page stats is due to the fact that your own activity is being filtered out based on your IP address: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-do-i-find-my-ip-address-to-filter-fr...

HubSpot filters out activity from a company's IP address, in addition to activity from HubSpot's IP addresses (i.e. Support performing actions in your portal), so as to not skew your data. Indeed, we expect that employees will perform a number of tests on their own content, and don't want this to reflect inaccurately in their reporting. Therefore, though you can see that submissions were made on the form level, these submissions aren't included in your landing page analytics.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this topic!

All the best,

May

0 Upvotes
Hugo

Wrong stats in LP

SOLVE

Thanks for the answer, 

So if I want to put the landing page on an Ipad and give it to a ambassador in order to fill forms with customers in an event, it won't appear on my stats ?

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Wrong stats in LP

SOLVE

Hi @Hugo,

The exclusion is based on IP address. Therefore, if your event takes place outside of your company's network (i.e., not in your office wifi) the submissions will be registered. However, make sure to disable cookie tracking on the form so that each submission on the device creates a new contact. 

Best,

May