Blog, Website & Page Publishing

ppom
Participant

Wordpress redirects

SOLVE

Hello,

We're migrating our blog from wordpress to hubspot. Wordpress only hosted our blog, not our whole website. 

So, I've successfully exported the blog articles from wordpress, and imported into hubspot. I've published two of the posts, the rest are drafts at the moment, and I will schedule them to publish on a regular basis.

Now... redirects... I've looked at the instructions for setting these up on wordpress, and can't seem to do it. The Hubspot help topic gives instructions for a paid wordpress account, ours is the free version - and the instructions don't seem to work. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/blog-user-guide-v2/how-to-import-your-wordpress-blog-posts-into-a-hubs...

It appears that I need to upload the Eggplant plugin to our wordpress domain - but we don't have a wordpress domain (I don't think).

Can anyone shed any light for me? Don't want to end up with duplicated content everywhere!

Thanks

Polly

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Wordpress redirects

SOLVE

Hi there, 

If your old blog is hosted on wordpress.com, rather than self-hosted on an owned domain, it looks like you will need to use the paid redirect upgrade to forward all traffic to the new domain. 

I found this article describing how to set that up:

How To Implement The WordPress.com Site Redirect Upgrade

Hope that helps. 

Phil.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Wordpress redirects

SOLVE

Hi there, 

If your old blog is hosted on wordpress.com, rather than self-hosted on an owned domain, it looks like you will need to use the paid redirect upgrade to forward all traffic to the new domain. 

I found this article describing how to set that up:

How To Implement The WordPress.com Site Redirect Upgrade

Hope that helps. 

Phil.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
ppom
Participant

Wordpress redirects

SOLVE

Thanks Phil, had a read through - spot on 🙂

0 Upvotes