Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Mahesh_R
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

Wordpress or Subdomain

resolver

Our HubSpot partnership happened just in time when our new website on WordPress was live. We retained the blogs from the previous website.

What do you guys recommend?

To continue using blogs on WordPress?

or

create “blog.domain.com” using HubSpot and scrap the blogs on WordPress?

or

have all the blogs on both WordPress and blog.domain.com and credit SEO rankings to the WordPress website using Cross-Domain Rel = Canonical tag?

Your opinions will help us make a better decision. Thank you in advance.

Of Course, if we prefer to use the subdomain on HubSpot we must create a blog template to match the rest of the site and then maintain navigation menus in two locations 

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
jennysowyrda
Solución
Administrador de la comunidad

Wordpress or Subdomain

resolver

Hi @Mahesh_R

The decision of whether to move your blog to HubSpot will depend upon your business needs and whether you want all of your content on one platform. If you do decide to move your blog to HubSpot, I wanted to share our blog user guide

@Babel_Izzy hosted an AMA recently discussing SEO, which may help you make your decision (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/SEO-Content-Strategy/Ask-Me-Anything-Content-Strategy-production-pr... ). @Babel_Gem and @Babel_Izzy do you have any thoughts on this? 

@Emina-Demiri posted a similar question a few months ago, curious as to which route you chose and how it went for you. 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

Babel_Gem
Solución
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

Wordpress or Subdomain

resolver

Hi @jennysowyrda and @Mahesh_R

I would agree, it completely depends what you want to get out of your blog. Having a blog in HubSpot can be really useful if you want to be able to seamlessly add CTAs, include the subscription form and publish automatically to social media from HubSpot every time you publish a new post.

That said, I have seen clients remain using Wordpress and embed forms and CTAs. It really depends how easy it is for you to do this with the way your Wordpress site has been built.

The subdomain debate relating to SEO is ongoing and everyone has their own set opinion! I always recommend doing what works best logically for your other activity, and if that means using the subdomain, to make sure you are connecting it properly to your site via the navigation so it is a clear extension of your site and submitting it to search console.

Hope this helps!

Gem

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
jennysowyrda
Solución

Wordpress or Subdomain

resolver

Hi @Mahesh_R

The decision of whether to move your blog to HubSpot will depend upon your business needs and whether you want all of your content on one platform. If you do decide to move your blog to HubSpot, I wanted to share our blog user guide

@Babel_Izzy hosted an AMA recently discussing SEO, which may help you make your decision (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/SEO-Content-Strategy/Ask-Me-Anything-Content-Strategy-production-pr... ). @Babel_Gem and @Babel_Izzy do you have any thoughts on this? 

@Emina-Demiri posted a similar question a few months ago, curious as to which route you chose and how it went for you. 

Emina-Demiri
Participante

Wordpress or Subdomain

resolver

sorry for the late reply. It's been very busy! We havent moved yet but I am seriously considering it for next financial year. For us it will depend on weather we can figure out a way of keeping the legacy blogs on WP and moving only blogs going forward. We shall see!

Good luck!

Babel_Gem
Solución

Wordpress or Subdomain

resolver

Hi @jennysowyrda and @Mahesh_R

I would agree, it completely depends what you want to get out of your blog. Having a blog in HubSpot can be really useful if you want to be able to seamlessly add CTAs, include the subscription form and publish automatically to social media from HubSpot every time you publish a new post.

That said, I have seen clients remain using Wordpress and embed forms and CTAs. It really depends how easy it is for you to do this with the way your Wordpress site has been built.

The subdomain debate relating to SEO is ongoing and everyone has their own set opinion! I always recommend doing what works best logically for your other activity, and if that means using the subdomain, to make sure you are connecting it properly to your site via the navigation so it is a clear extension of your site and submitting it to search console.

Hope this helps!

Gem

Mahesh_R

Wordpress or Subdomain

resolver

Thank you. Appreciate the time you spent, to help us with a solution.

0 Me gusta