Blog, Website & Page Publishing

stacicretu
Membro | Parceiro
Membro | Parceiro

WordPress + HubSpot Search Functionality

resolver

I'm using HubSpot for my blog and my customer's blogs as a subdomain. We use Wordpress as our CMS system. In the search functionality of Wordpress, when you search for something on the site, it's not indexing the subdomain (blog).

For example: If I attempt to search on either www.website.com or blog.website.com it resolves to https://www.website.com/?s=searchterm, meaning it doesn’t index the blog sub domain's contents. 

Has anyone resolved this on their own site for WordPress CMS?

1 Solução aceita
Phil_Vallender
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @stacicretu

To the best of my knowledge, the native Wordpress search function is constrianed to the content in the wordpress install and can not be congfigured to look at other domains/subdomains. 

To get a unified search function that takes in both wordpress and hubspot domains, I think you will need to look at third party solutions like Site Search 360 or Swiftype.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Exibir solução no post original

4 Respostas 4
abhinavsidharth
Membro

resolver

As the replies before me have mentioned, Wordpress native search is not all that great and it is not worth it to try and improve it.

As a solution, I would recommend using ExpertRec. It is a crawler-based solution that is easy to integrate into your website and comes with a lot of customization options without any coding. The price starts at $9, so I feel that it offers the best bang for the buck. 

You can also go for a plugin solution using this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-fastest-site-search/

0 Avaliação positiva
Phil_Vallender
Solução

resolver

Hi @stacicretu

To the best of my knowledge, the native Wordpress search function is constrianed to the content in the wordpress install and can not be congfigured to look at other domains/subdomains. 

To get a unified search function that takes in both wordpress and hubspot domains, I think you will need to look at third party solutions like Site Search 360 or Swiftype.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
frankgeraci
Membro | Parceiro Ouro
Membro | Parceiro Ouro

resolver

Phil,

We've built a plugin for WordPress that extends WP search into HubSpot content, included is also a widget that pulls any number of recent posts from HubSpot. No need for management of HTML snippets from HubSpot

This could be another solution as it does not store any HS data in WP, all HS post content is inserted into WP search on the fly.

In addition to searching & blogs, we've added forms, ctas, links, and files.

Have a look, maybe this will help future issues with WordPress/HubSpot management

https://wordpress.org/plugins/hub2word/

Would love to hear your feedback.

karinasonaglio
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi @frankgeraci

This plugin seems to be exactly what I was searching for. Thank you. Do you know and/or have any solution for the other way around - indexing the Wordpress pages and content into the Hubspot search results?

Best,

Karina Sonaglio

0 Avaliação positiva