Blog, Website & Page Publishing

inquiry

What is Hubspot's Nameserver name?

I am trying to connect my domain from GoDaddy. It requires that I add a Nameserver for Hubspot since Hubspot is not a default partner. What is Hubspot's nameserver name? The attached screenshot shows the previous company's information that I want to change.Screen Shot 2023-02-22 at 12.14.11 PM.png

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @inquiry,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Looking at GoDaddy's documentation here, changing nameservers changes in GoDaddy is done through their DNS panel.

It isn't possible to manage DNS settings within HubSpot - HubSpot can only provide a DNS record for users to add to their existing nameservers. To connect a domain to HubSpo, you would just need to add the CNAME records to DNS host. In this case, it looks like GoDaddy if I'm understanding properly.

I would recommend trying out these steps to connect your domain to GoDaddy. If GoDaddy continues to ask for your nameservers, I would recommend contacting their support team and sharing this screenshot with them to get additional guidance. 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
PDeray

Yes, but I also need teh nameserver info!!! Right now they are GoDaddy (as you can see on image below). I can change them but need YOUR nameservers so I can enter them in godaddy. 

nameservers.png

0 Upvotes
inquiry

GoDaddy tech support says the nameserver name can be confirmed by hubspot
only because every provider has their own nameservers.
0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @inquiry,

We would then need more clarification regarding why GoDaddy is telling you that you need nameservers. I would recommend providing the following information to GoDaddy Support and sending us their reasoning.

You can't manage DNS settings in HubSpot - we only provide a DNS record for users to add to their existing nameservers. To connect a domain to HubSpot you just need to add their CNAME to their DNS host.

Thank you,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
inquiry

What is Hubspot's CNAME? Hubspot is not a default partner of GoDaddy and
requires it to be input manually; before I can add in a CNAME I need
Hubspot's nameserver name.
0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @inquiry.

You can find the CNAME records while connecting your domain to HubSpot as mentioned in this help article. You will copy them to your DNS records 🙂 

Can you try out the steps in the above article and let us know how it goes?

Thank you,

Kristen

0 Upvotes