Blog, Website & Page Publishing

RRRRRR900
Miembro

Website vs. Blogging

resolver

When does one add content to the main website as opposed to adding it to a blog?

I am currently taking the content marketing certificate course.

0 Me gusta
3 Soluciones aceptadas
TheGilldog
Solución
Colaborador

Website vs. Blogging

resolver

hi @roisinkirby @RRRRRR900,

Thanks for the mention! 

Personally, no. I wouldnt want to bombard clients or potential clients with heavy content on the landing page unless i am offering them, the oportunity to download via a white page via a dedicated ad based web address. Even then, the goal is for them to absorb the content at their lesiure.

As a marketer, i attempt to find the balance between the right kind of content and where this is found on the website. I like to bring my audience on a journey (of their own design) and allow them to collect the right content for them.  Then I analyse that journey and attempt to optimise the path to aid future campaigns! 

As @roisinkirby said, the more information on content goals and strategy we have, the more we can help!

I hope that helped and it wasnt too marketing heavy! 

Best of luck 

Ciaran

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

Champion
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Website vs. Blogging

resolver

Hi @RRRRRR900,

Great question. The blog is the one place on your site where you'll be adding new, fresh content. Generally blogs are trying to attract attention to another website page where a conversion action (like a form) exists. Generally website pages are more focused on content resources as well as products and services. 

Keep up the good work!

Justin

SeanHenri
Solución
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Diamond

Website vs. Blogging

resolver

Great question @RRRRRR900!

If you're doing keyword research, and you're wondering if you should try to rank for a specific keyword or topic with a blog post or by optimizing a product/category page on your website, you want to think about the searcher's intent and what type of content they would hope to find.

i.e, if someone was searching for "blogging software" they would  likely expect to find a page like this one, as their search had commercial intent. If they searched for "blogging for seo", they might prefer to find something that is a bit more educational, like this blog post.

More often than not, the new content you create is going to end up on the blog. 

5 Respuestas 5
SeanHenri
Solución

Website vs. Blogging

resolver

Great question @RRRRRR900!

If you're doing keyword research, and you're wondering if you should try to rank for a specific keyword or topic with a blog post or by optimizing a product/category page on your website, you want to think about the searcher's intent and what type of content they would hope to find.

i.e, if someone was searching for "blogging software" they would  likely expect to find a page like this one, as their search had commercial intent. If they searched for "blogging for seo", they might prefer to find something that is a bit more educational, like this blog post.

More often than not, the new content you create is going to end up on the blog. 

Champion
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Website vs. Blogging

resolver

Hi @RRRRRR900,

Great question. The blog is the one place on your site where you'll be adding new, fresh content. Generally blogs are trying to attract attention to another website page where a conversion action (like a form) exists. Generally website pages are more focused on content resources as well as products and services. 

Keep up the good work!

Justin

roisinkirby
Equipo de producto de HubSpot
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Website vs. Blogging

resolver

@RRRRRR900 could you share a little more detail about your business and content strategy goals? What type of content are you producing and who in your team is producing this content?

The more we know about your goals with HubSpot the more we can help. 

CCing a few of our resident experts to share their knowledge / insights: @Babel_Izzy@SeanHenri@Champion@TheGilldog

TheGilldog
Solución
Colaborador

Website vs. Blogging

resolver

hi @roisinkirby @RRRRRR900,

Thanks for the mention! 

Personally, no. I wouldnt want to bombard clients or potential clients with heavy content on the landing page unless i am offering them, the oportunity to download via a white page via a dedicated ad based web address. Even then, the goal is for them to absorb the content at their lesiure.

As a marketer, i attempt to find the balance between the right kind of content and where this is found on the website. I like to bring my audience on a journey (of their own design) and allow them to collect the right content for them.  Then I analyse that journey and attempt to optimise the path to aid future campaigns! 

As @roisinkirby said, the more information on content goals and strategy we have, the more we can help!

I hope that helped and it wasnt too marketing heavy! 

Best of luck 

Ciaran

jennysowyrda
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

Website vs. Blogging

resolver

@shearn any thoughts on this topic? 

0 Me gusta