Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Cooper1
Participant

Website refinement and content development

SOLVE

Hello,

I just built a homepage for my company pūr form (www.purformbrooklyn.com). After reviewing many articles/blog posts on "Homepage Best Practices" in the Hubspot realm, I come to find that my site is rather lacking. And on top of that, I'm trying to integrate my content strategy for my Blog Post that will be based on the education of potential clients on the foundation/components of my intellectual property. Any suggestions or direction would be much appreciated!

Kindest regards,

Doug Wedding 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Doug @Cooper1,

That's a pretty minimalist homepage at this point! I'd definitely agree you need a lot more information on your site! I'd start this offline, with a big piece of paper and just brainstorm out what information your customers and potential new customers would need to know.

Look at competitors (from anywhere in the world) for inspiration.

Once you've got all that, you can begin to organise how your site will look, maybe you'll have sections like:

• Home Page
  • About Us
  • Our Platform
  • Locations
  • Gallery
  • Blog

Those are just examples. But again, look at some competitors. Then you work out what you want to go in each section, so you have a rough information architecture.

From that, you can design how the site will look and function (UI/UX design) and then think about how it will be built - I see it's on WordPress at this point, so you'll probably be looking at buying a theme that incorporates a page builder and either building it yourself or paying a developer to do it.

Then you can start adding content - like the blog you mentioned before.

For all of this you'll want to decide which bits you want to do yourself and which you want to get help from outside with. You may rather pay someone to setup and configure a WP theme and hosting rather than spend hours and hours of your own time working it out. Or you may be time-rich and fancy the challenge, in which case you can try and do a lot of this yourself.

And accept that this is an iterative process, you don't have to do everything at once - you can build as you go adding new sections and content.

Hope that helps a little.

Cheers,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Doug @Cooper1,

That's a pretty minimalist homepage at this point! I'd definitely agree you need a lot more information on your site! I'd start this offline, with a big piece of paper and just brainstorm out what information your customers and potential new customers would need to know.

Look at competitors (from anywhere in the world) for inspiration.

Once you've got all that, you can begin to organise how your site will look, maybe you'll have sections like:

• Home Page
  • About Us
  • Our Platform
  • Locations
  • Gallery
  • Blog

Those are just examples. But again, look at some competitors. Then you work out what you want to go in each section, so you have a rough information architecture.

From that, you can design how the site will look and function (UI/UX design) and then think about how it will be built - I see it's on WordPress at this point, so you'll probably be looking at buying a theme that incorporates a page builder and either building it yourself or paying a developer to do it.

Then you can start adding content - like the blog you mentioned before.

For all of this you'll want to decide which bits you want to do yourself and which you want to get help from outside with. You may rather pay someone to setup and configure a WP theme and hosting rather than spend hours and hours of your own time working it out. Or you may be time-rich and fancy the challenge, in which case you can try and do a lot of this yourself.

And accept that this is an iterative process, you don't have to do everything at once - you can build as you go adding new sections and content.

Hope that helps a little.

Cheers,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

Cooper1
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me feedback on my website. In reference to your initial impressions, and looking back to my original post, I wanted to supply some more context. I think my strategy moving forward, is to develop a stable and robust architecture. Which I'm getting much closer to. When my site was tested on Google "Lighthouse", it's testing very well in Speed, Best Use Practices, and most importantly SEO in both desktop and mobile platforms. Now, it's time to enrich the site with educational content that I'm planning to implement soon. Which will educate my future clients on the founding core principles that my patent is being built upon. Then finally, I will utilize my newly acquired "Social Media Certification" from Hubspot to deliver the message. What an amazing resource isn't it!? Thank you again, and stay tuned for further developments!

Kindest regards,

Doug Wedding

0 Upvotes
David_HubSnacks
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@Cooper1 

Regardless of what you are trying to achieve always think what do you want visitors to your site to do? You then need to make sure it is clear on your site. 

You should always first think about the MQL (Marketing Qualified Lead) and if someone came to your site who is your ideal persona can they book a meeting, demo, consultation, discovery call etc.  Just a standard contact button, for instance, is for people that want to sell to you!!

If you do not have this clear and easy then regardless of everything else you do then your effort will be pointless as you will lose potential clients on the way.

Have  a look at the blueprint here for instance and some examples  https://info.juicetactics.com/book-a-meeting-recipe

Warm regards,

David
Connect with me on LinkedIn here..

HubSpot Certified Diamond Solutions Partner
See our latest independent 5-Star reviews here...

Warm regards,
David
HubSnacks
Unlimited HubSpot Tasks For a Fixed Month Fee
www.hubsnacks.com
HubSpot Certified Diamond Solutions Partner
0 Upvotes