Blog, Website & Page Publishing

CBrown86
Participant

Website not visible

SOLVE

My status shows "published" but when I put my URL in a browser, it shows website unavailable. It's quilterchic.com.Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 1.51.37 PM.png

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Website not visible

SOLVE

Hi @CBrown86 I'm sorry I didn't catch this sooner.

Your home page is the only one that doesn't work because you don't have anything published there, but once I added one of the pages from your screenshot (I tried quilterchic.com/patterns) it worked.

So I looked over your screenshot again and noticed your home page is listed as /home and since you don't have anything published to the root domain, that is the cause of the error.

All you have to do is open the home page and remove the "home" from the box and resave. This will move that page to the root domain and all the pages will be accessible.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

Jnix284
Solution

Website not visible

SOLVE

@Alcha86  we did, in her case it was the language settings for the domain that was modifying the URL and there wasn't a redirect to handle it.

If your website is only in one language, you can turn this toggle off to resolve the issue.

Jnix284_0-1664825921875.png

If this is not the issue, then I would need a little more detail to help narrow down why it is not working.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
CBrown86
Solution
Participant

Website not visible

SOLVE

Yes, it is showing now. Go to settings(icon upper right)>Tools>Website>Domains & URLs. Click language settings and there's a toggle switch "Enable language specific redirects". It needs to be in the off position. Like Jennifer said, this is if your site is only in English.

38 Replies 38
Jnix284

Website not visible

SOLVE

Hi @AStan2  it looks like you have a different issue, you're not able to publish a page without giving it an internal page name and a page title.

Once you add those two items, you should be able to publish and see your website at the link you've created (as long as the domain is fully connected).

If you can't get it working, I recommend creating a new thread - you can tag me (@ jnix284) and I'll be happy to help figure it out together.

0 Upvotes
KGangal

Website not visible

SOLVE

Hi @Jnix284,

I was reading through this discussion thread and it is similar to what I am struggling with as well.  I also am getting the message that the SSL activation is still processing and it's been quite a few days.  I had to remove the /home from my home page to get it to work as the other pages were showing.  

However, now my website sometimes comes up and sometimes does not.  Sometimes it works on the chrome browser and sometimes it works on Microsoft Edge browser.  Other times it does not open on either and I get the error message...ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH error occurs when the browser can’t establish a secure connection with the webserver.

I followed the info in the article you referenced above, added the pki.goog as a caa record, but my cms setup says the ssl activation is still in process.  

Could you give me any direction on how to fix this or why my website sometimes works and other times give me an error message?

My website is www.kg-cpa.com

Thanks!

CBrown86
Participant

Website not visible

SOLVE
It came right up on my Firefox browser. That’s been awhile since I had the problem, but HubSpot had to help me solve this.
CBrown86
Participant

Website not visible

SOLVE

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 2.17.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-27 at 2.18.41 PM.png

0 Upvotes
CBrown86
Participant

Website not visible

SOLVE

I found where to remove it from "slug" box, but it doesn't change the url when I go back to the "website pages" page. Also still doesn't show up in browser.

0 Upvotes
CBrown86
Participant

Website not visible

SOLVE

Where is it? I can't find a box.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Website not visible

SOLVE

When you cleared the slug out, did you republish?

The other option would be to clone the page with the slug removed and unpublish the original home page and try publishing the new one that doesn't have a slug at all.

0 Upvotes
CBrown86
Participant

Website not visible

SOLVE

I can manually type the url (quilterchic.com/patterns) and the page is there, but the links are not working.

0 Upvotes
CBrown86
Participant

Website not visible

SOLVE

Okay, the homepage now shows up, but none of the other pages do.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Website not visible

SOLVE

Hi @CBrown86 that's great, I'm glad the home page is working now!

I noticed it doesn't have any navigation, which is why the other pages aren't showing up. If you manually type the URL in the browser (like I did to check) or open the link from your website pages in HubSpot, you'll see that all of the pages are live and working, they just aren't connected together.

You'll need to set up the navigation to add a menu to the page header - do you need help with getting this set up in the Environmental theme?

0 Upvotes
CBrown86
Participant

Website not visible

SOLVE

Is it a theme problem when I've added links on the homepage, and it still won't go to the page? The only link that works is the default one I haven;t changed yet.

I guess I do need help, because I can't seem to find the navigation. I'll try adding the menu, though.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Website not visible

SOLVE

@CBrown86 have you checked your navigation settings to make sure each of the pages are linked there? If you set up the navigation before publishing the pages, they might not be linked properly.

This is the power theme documentation for setting up menus, but the basics are the same for any HubSpot website.

0 Upvotes
CBrown86
Participant

Website not visible

SOLVE

I'll check that out, but in the navigation set up also only shows the one default link. None of the pages shows up there.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Website not visible

SOLVE

@CBrown86 you would need to add them, here is the HubSpot article about setting up your menus.

If you want to jump on a quick zoom and talk it through together, I'm free after 2 pm CT today, feel free to send me a DM and we can set it up so we can figure this out together.

0 Upvotes
CBrown86
Participant

Website not visible

SOLVE

Okay, thank you. I noticed a drop-down menu, but they don't even show up as an option in the navigation area. The only page that shows up as an option is the one I haven't edited yet.

I'll let you know on the zoom. Thanks, again!

Jnix284

Website not visible

SOLVE

@CBrown86  I found this in the documentation for the theme, it is the link to adding a menu to your pages

0 Upvotes
SNigam
Key Advisor

Website not visible

SOLVE

Hello @CBrown86 ,

Might be same solutiuon works for you also - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Blog-Website-Page-Publishing/Website-staging/m-p/638970#M6327

Thank you 

Shubham NIgam

CBrown86
Participant

Website not visible

SOLVE

That's not really the problem.

0 Upvotes