Blog, Website & Page Publishing

SJohansson2
Membre

Website Migration - CMS

Résolue
Hi Hubspot Community! 💥

We are considering migrating our website from Wix to Hubspot. Therefore, I am interested in knowing if anyone out there has some first-hand and objective experiences around migrating from another CMS (preferably Wix but could be others) to Hubspot.? If so, did you do it yourselves without any help, did you use Hubspot’s resources or even a third-party solution partner? And how was this process?

What were the biggest hurdles for you with the migration? And do you have any input on what would be the most important things to consider and plan for? 

I would really appreciate some help from people who have been in a similar situation. 

Thanks in advance!
2 Solutions acceptées
danmoyle
Solution
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Elite

Website Migration - CMS

Résolue

Hi @SJohansson2. Welcome to the HubSpot world. A few things to consider in a CMS migration. 

• Critical pages + site map. Make sure you know what pages you want to move, and what you might leave behind. Plan out a check list for all of them.
  • Copy and paste. With Wix, there isn't an easy button to just migrate (that I'm aware of). There's a tool for WordPress users, but I think you're kinda stuck with the old copy + paste method.
  • Redirects. For those pages you maybe don't use, create 301 redirect links to a relevant page or your home page on the migrated site. 
  • Patience. It's a process. Even if you hire a third party, it takes time and a fair amount of QC (critical!). So make sure you're ready for that. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

franksteiner79
Solution
Conseiller clé

Website Migration - CMS

Résolue

Hi @SJohansson2 

As always great points from @danmoyle!

Depending on how "complex" (fancy widgets, coded elements, etc.) your current website is - considering it is in Wix it should be fairly standard - you might want to check out HubSpot's Website Migration service. It's very reasonably priced and has the benfit of being done by HubSpot.

Worth keeping in mind this isn't a design service. They'll take your current website's look & feel, colour palette, and features and turn it into a HubSpot Theme and Templates. So I would definitely recommend, cleaning up your current site as much as you can before going down that route.

Happy Holidays

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
franksteiner79
Solution
Conseiller clé

Website Migration - CMS

Résolue

Hi @SJohansson2 

As always great points from @danmoyle!

Depending on how "complex" (fancy widgets, coded elements, etc.) your current website is - considering it is in Wix it should be fairly standard - you might want to check out HubSpot's Website Migration service. It's very reasonably priced and has the benfit of being done by HubSpot.

Worth keeping in mind this isn't a design service. They'll take your current website's look & feel, colour palette, and features and turn it into a HubSpot Theme and Templates. So I would definitely recommend, cleaning up your current site as much as you can before going down that route.

Happy Holidays

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
danmoyle

Website Migration - CMS

Résolue

Oh that's right @franksteiner79  HubSpot has that service and it is quite reasonable. Good call Frank! 🙌 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Votes
danmoyle
Solution

Website Migration - CMS

Résolue

Hi @SJohansson2. Welcome to the HubSpot world. A few things to consider in a CMS migration. 

• Critical pages + site map. Make sure you know what pages you want to move, and what you might leave behind. Plan out a check list for all of them.
  • Copy and paste. With Wix, there isn't an easy button to just migrate (that I'm aware of). There's a tool for WordPress users, but I think you're kinda stuck with the old copy + paste method.
  • Redirects. For those pages you maybe don't use, create 301 redirect links to a relevant page or your home page on the migrated site. 
  • Patience. It's a process. Even if you hire a third party, it takes time and a fair amount of QC (critical!). So make sure you're ready for that. 

Hope that helps! 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website