Blog, Website & Page Publishing

MBerkshire

Web address / URL only works with "en-gb"

SOLVE

I have built a website through hubspot hwoever, although my domain is domain.co.uk and redirected through www.domain.co.uk,  when i publish the page then search it in my browser it will only load if it has /en-gb/ at the end of the url. I dont want this to happen but i can;t figure out how to stop it? 

2 Accepted solutions
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MBerkshire you'll want to update your language settings under Content > Domains & URLs > Language Settings to make sure you aren't using the "use prefix in slug" option:

Jnix284_0-1712836316095.png

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@dgalant1 have you also confirmed that you didn't add the language on the individual page in the Settings > Language here:

Jnix284_0-1712938022905.png

This should be blank or it will add the language slug at the page level.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
MBerkshire

SOLVE

Thank you for all your help, it was the language on the page settings however, prior to this, turnin goff the prefix didnt remove it. it only dissapeared when i changed the page settings. 

Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MBerkshire you'll want to update your language settings under Content > Domains & URLs > Language Settings to make sure you aren't using the "use prefix in slug" option:

Jnix284_0-1712836316095.png

0 Upvotes
dgalant1
Participant

SOLVE

Jennifer,

I have the exact same issue and I have gone throught the documentation several times and cannot get the page to load. Same as the OP, my domain is https://avarenventures.com/ which is not loading (404 Error via HS) or redirecting to the English version of the page https://avarenventures.com/en-us/.  Cloudflare is my domain registrar and HS automatically configured the DNS settings. 
I have tried everything, including disconnecting the domain, clearing out all the DNS entries, clear cookies, etc. 

I really think there is an issue on the HS side.  This seems like a bug or UX issue... This should not be this hard to setup. 

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 11.42.14 AM.png

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@dgalant1 have you also confirmed that you didn't add the language on the individual page in the Settings > Language here:

Jnix284_0-1712938022905.png

This should be blank or it will add the language slug at the page level.