Blog, Website & Page Publishing

wmflan39
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Visitor tracking

lösung

What determines when a visitor's activity tracking starts. I see many of my Contacts starting from Direct Traffic at a landing page (for which there are no links in the wild, only internal links).

WmF

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Visitor tracking

lösung

Hi @wmflan39,

Yes, you should be seeing these page views, see this screenshot (page names removed).

karstenkoehler_0-1620195400913.png

There is some more information on how HubSpot tracks visitors here. If some page views are dropped from the page view history, I'd recommend checking with HubSpot support – it looks like you're on a Professional subscription. Support is included in that and they could further investigate this with you right in your portal.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
5 Antworten
wmflan39
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Visitor tracking

lösung

Thanks Karsten, that's helpful.

Is HubSpot meant to be tracking all page views? I did a test (incognito), arriving at my homepage, accepted cookies, visited 5 randon pages then sbbmitted a form. Only the arrival page (Direct traffic as you mentioned) and the form landing page are recorded in the activity column, none of the intervening pages are noted. Is that expected behavior?

Thanks again!

WmF

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Visitor tracking

lösung

Hi @wmflan39,

Yes, you should be seeing these page views, see this screenshot (page names removed).

karstenkoehler_0-1620195400913.png

There is some more information on how HubSpot tracks visitors here. If some page views are dropped from the page view history, I'd recommend checking with HubSpot support – it looks like you're on a Professional subscription. Support is included in that and they could further investigate this with you right in your portal.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
wmflan39
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Visitor tracking

lösung

Thank you karstenkoehler, I think I was expecting a card for each page and I overlooked the 'page views' card as you demonstrated.

WmF39

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Visitor tracking

lösung

Nice, @wmflan39, glad it's resolved. Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Visitor tracking

lösung

Hi @wmflan39,

Traffic categorized often comes from people who typed the URL directly in their browser, or removed all query parameters before entering a site.

This also happens when people do not accept cookies. Let's say someone visits your website via a social network. If they don't accept cookies, the indication about the source is not carried over to the next page the view, and the next, and the next – which means that it's not available when the form is submitted either. Not having any indication of the source, HubSpot is likely categorizing this as direct traffic.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes