Blog, Website & Page Publishing

MOA

VAST default blog theme showing up on URL

SOLVE

Hi everyone

I started a Hubpost trial 2 weeks ago and was playing with the Marketing Hub last week. 

Today my colleague reported that when they go to ministryofawesome.com or ministryofawesome.com/about they see the VAST default blog theme (like below) 

Capture.JPG

I don't remember publishing a blog page from Hubspot. And when I log in my Hubspot account, it doesn't seem like there's an existing Blog page or landing page either. 

Note this bug couldn't be repeated on my computer and iPhone so it's happening for some people and not happening for others. 

If you know the solution, please let me know below. I'd greatly appreciate it. 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
jenniferlim
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @MOA ,

It looks like you have www.ministryofawesome.com connected as a subdomain to the portal that you're currently trialing Marketing Pro on. That means that any content on that www subdomain is hosted on HubSpot, and also explains why your colleague is seeing the VAST template when they visit that URL. Note that this only occurs when I type www.ministryofawesome.com in my search bar - if I type only the root domain (ministryofawesome.com), I am brought to your homepage. 

As such, you'll need to remove the connected subdomain from your portal, and you won't have this issue anymore.

Hope this helps!

Jennifer

View solution in original post

jenniferlim
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi Tri,

That's correct - you'll want to remove the HubSpot CNAMEs from your DNS provider, and then host your www. subdomain wherever you're currently hosting content for ministryofawesome.com.

Jennifer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
jenniferlim
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @MOA ,

It looks like you have www.ministryofawesome.com connected as a subdomain to the portal that you're currently trialing Marketing Pro on. That means that any content on that www subdomain is hosted on HubSpot, and also explains why your colleague is seeing the VAST template when they visit that URL. Note that this only occurs when I type www.ministryofawesome.com in my search bar - if I type only the root domain (ministryofawesome.com), I am brought to your homepage. 

As such, you'll need to remove the connected subdomain from your portal, and you won't have this issue anymore.

Hope this helps!

Jennifer

MOA

SOLVE

Hi Jennfier 

Thank you so much for the answer, I've removed the connected subdomain from my portal. 

But as a result, the page is now showing a 403 forbidden error.

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 2.21.13 PM.png

Do I need to connect the www.ministryofawesome.com subdomain to another host? 

Thanks

Tri

0 Upvotes
jenniferlim
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi Tri,

That's correct - you'll want to remove the HubSpot CNAMEs from your DNS provider, and then host your www. subdomain wherever you're currently hosting content for ministryofawesome.com.

Jennifer

0 Upvotes
MOA

SOLVE

It worked!!! Thank you so much!!!

0 Upvotes