Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Creactiv

Using Hubspot for multiple domains

SOLVE

We're a webdesign agency and we'd like to use Hubspot on our clients websites as well. 

What is the best way to use Hubspot on multiple domains but without having to create a new account for each domain.

Thanks in advance. 

2 Accepted solutions
ndwilliams3
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

You can added unlimited domains to the account. However you can only set one to be the primary. The rest would be secondary. In the sources report, you can view data for all domains or the primary. You can't filter by secondary domains.

View solution in original post

Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

@Creactiv,

I would not recommend using the same HubSpot portal for several clients, if I am understanding your first question correctly. There are a couple of issues here:

• I don't believe this is OK with HubSpot's terms
  • Your contacts would be merged together
    • If you have multiple clients using forms, yes, you can segment them by lists but they will still all be in the same contact database

Maybe I am misunderstanding the original question completely, but if not, I would definitely stay away from using one portal for separate clients/businesses. If I am misunderstanding...just ignore my comments. Smiley Happy

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

@Creactiv,

I would not recommend using the same HubSpot portal for several clients, if I am understanding your first question correctly. There are a couple of issues here:

• I don't believe this is OK with HubSpot's terms
  • Your contacts would be merged together
    • If you have multiple clients using forms, yes, you can segment them by lists but they will still all be in the same contact database

Maybe I am misunderstanding the original question completely, but if not, I would definitely stay away from using one portal for separate clients/businesses. If I am misunderstanding...just ignore my comments. Smiley Happy

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

phaseshiftseo
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks

0 Upvotes
cosmalab

SOLVE

Hi, we have multiple domains that in the end lead business deals to our main company who processes the orders.

I would like to have the emails send from domain1.com, domain2.com and from the maindomain.com all to be accepted in HubSpot ?

Is there a way to get this done ? 

Thanks !

0 Upvotes
ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Go to Content > Content Settings and on the left Marketing > Domains & URLS

or https://app.hubspot.com/content/YOUR_HUB_ID/domains

You can add domains as sending domains. You will need to add records to your DNS to verify the domain for email.

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

SOLVE
ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Yes, you can add multiple domains to a single hubspot account depending on your plan. With Hubspot Pro, you can connect and publish content to 4 domains, with Enterprise it's unlimited.

jfordkimo

SOLVE

@ndwilliams3 - just to be clear as this question is one that we have.  With the Enterprise version you say that it's unlimited.  So are you saying we can have multiple primary domains under one account.  We aren't talking sub-domains here.  Thanks in advance for the feedback.  

As a follow up, is that still done through the domain manager?  Or is there a different interface that will allow us to set all of the "primary" domains that we want?

0 Upvotes
Damien
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

I think a few people answering this question are misunderstanding what the questioners mean. 

Just to be clear, you should only use one HubSpot portal for a single company, whether they have multiple domains or not. As Josh has said, all contacts are shared inside HubSpot, so even if you are on an Enterprise plan, all your contacts, forms, templates, users, analytics etc are all lumped in together. 

HubSpot does not currently have any type of "agency" plan that would allow you to put multiple companies all into one HubSpot portal. The idea is that you become a Partner agency and sign companies up to their own portal/license, then you jump between those portals to manage it for them (if they are not doing it themselves). 

The idea that you just "add another domain" for another company/client is not going to work in the way you want it to, even on Enterprise. This is designed for if a single company has more than one domain that is fine to be tracked in conjunction with the primary domain, and for contacts/metrics all to be added to the same portal. 

ndwilliams3
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

You can added unlimited domains to the account. However you can only set one to be the primary. The rest would be secondary. In the sources report, you can view data for all domains or the primary. You can't filter by secondary domains.

katerina2

SOLVE

Thanks for the response! I do not see the Add Secondary Option on my account. Any reason this might happen?

0 Upvotes
jayg
Participant

SOLVE

How do you add secondary domains to a company? I've not been able to work out how to do this. Can you please point me in the right direction?

0 Upvotes
Martin2

SOLVE

Hallo! Can you help me please how to add other domains to the account? I supposed to Settings - Profile & Preferences - E-mail - Add e-mail address. But if I want to send an e-mail from other e-mail address the Hubspot says "The From address you've selected is not connected to HubSpot. You must connect xxx@yyy.com before you can use it to send emails from the CRM." and then forward me to "connect another account". But I have only one account (Outlook365) and use several domains with it. What to do please?

0 Upvotes
ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Are you looking to:

1) Use the same Hubspot account across multiple clients?

or

2)  Use multiple domains in Hubspot with the same client?

Creactiv

SOLVE

Hi

Actually both because some clients have multiple domains 🙂 

Greetz

Elien