Blog, Website & Page Publishing

BSengstacken
Participant

Use Different Image for Blog Post Headers than the Featured Image

SOLVE

Hi all-

This is insanely easy in WordPress, but I can't seem to do this in HubSpot.

What we want to have is a header image that ISN'T the featured image - but we DO want to use a featured image that will appear when shared socially. But we do NOT want them to be the same thing.

So, how can we do this, easily? I know, crazy, but one image for the header and a different image to be featured via social share seems like it should be easy to do, but I can't figure out how to make that happen.

Does anyone have a solution?

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BSengstacken 

On the settings tab for each blog post you can upload additional images to the post and select which of these you want to be the featured image. Does this work for your use case or are you looking for something that is more automated or constrained?

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
AWarchol
Participant

SOLVE

The only way  around it is by replacing the image manually in the social scheduler. Not ideal if you don't use hubspot's native social calendar, but that's the only solution I found. 

0 Upvotes
AWarchol
Participant

SOLVE

This is really embarassing Hubspot.

Ideal SM image is no longer a horizontal rectangle, yet that's what I am forced to use.

Your old settings allowed users to use one image as a blog header and a separete one as a featured image for social share. 

By combining the two you're forcing me to do extra work by replacing the blogpost featured image in social scheduler. 

I say this feature is a bug. 

JaimeC_FL
Participant

SOLVE

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we want to post the same blog to social a few times, but with different images each time, won't the featured image you use change the image on all of the former social posts too? That seems to be the case for us... eventually LinkedIn updates.

0 Upvotes
FabianP
Participant

SOLVE

@BSengstacken , have you been able to solve this? I have exactly the same type of issue and I cannot find a solution.

Thanks and best regards.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @BSengstacken 

On the settings tab for each blog post you can upload additional images to the post and select which of these you want to be the featured image. Does this work for your use case or are you looking for something that is more automated or constrained?

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
BSengstacken
Participant

SOLVE

I thought that would work, but I don't want the featured image to show up on the blog listing page. 
I only want it to appear if someone shares the post on social media. I don't want it as the header. I don't want it on the listing page. But I do want it when shared, socially.
What I really want, I guess is two options in the setting tab - one for a listing image, and one to be the "featured image" for social shares.

Is there an easy way to do this? I'm guessing that HubSpot won't be jumping on adding that functionality anytime soon....