Blog, Website & Page Publishing

frank_dethier
Participant

Use 1 or more forms for downloading different tools from our website

SOLVE

We have a website that's not managed by Hubspot. On that site, we offer several tools that users can download 1 by 1 after filling in a Hubspot form.

How would it work

* user selects a certain tool 

* user fills in form that pops up and leaves his/her name and mail address behind

* Hubspot generates an automatic follow-up mail with the right link to the tool in that mail

My question: since we have about 12 different tools on our website

1. Do we need to create 12 different forms in Hubspot, integrate those in the website and create 12 different follow-up mails?

2. Or is there a way to have 1 different form with a hidden field that tells us which tool user requests.. We can then send a different follow-up mail based on the information in that hidden field, but then we need to be able to send 12 different follow-up mails based on 1 form and the information from that hidden field...

Is option 2 possible, or only option 1?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DavidDennison
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

While I am not super familiar with Hubspot forms, I have experience in your type of situation. First I have to ask why you would want the second option?

I would recommend going with the first option. I know it seems like more work in the beginning, but creating the different forms will allow you to easily segment your audience. Since you have a different form for each tool, the user lists will already be broken down into which tool they used.

Furthermore, since you are creating a different form for each tool, you can include fields that are specific to that tool. For instance you could ask users, "How do you plan on using XYZ tool?" This will allow you to streamline your segment marketing and not have to worry about breaking down the data and user lists later on.

Lastly, I personally think that seperate forms would help you keep your email lists organized and seperate. The last thing you want to do is accidentally send a user the XYZ tool email when they downloaded the ABC tool. It would be a bad look, especially if you provide any type of service where they expect you to be the subject matter expert.

Would love to know some of your goals and discuss further to give you a more in depth answer. Looking forward to your reply!

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
DavidDennison
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

While I am not super familiar with Hubspot forms, I have experience in your type of situation. First I have to ask why you would want the second option?

I would recommend going with the first option. I know it seems like more work in the beginning, but creating the different forms will allow you to easily segment your audience. Since you have a different form for each tool, the user lists will already be broken down into which tool they used.

Furthermore, since you are creating a different form for each tool, you can include fields that are specific to that tool. For instance you could ask users, "How do you plan on using XYZ tool?" This will allow you to streamline your segment marketing and not have to worry about breaking down the data and user lists later on.

Lastly, I personally think that seperate forms would help you keep your email lists organized and seperate. The last thing you want to do is accidentally send a user the XYZ tool email when they downloaded the ABC tool. It would be a bad look, especially if you provide any type of service where they expect you to be the subject matter expert.

Would love to know some of your goals and discuss further to give you a more in depth answer. Looking forward to your reply!

David Dennison

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
frank_dethier
Participant

SOLVE

Dear

thanks for your reply.

I see your points and I agree with them.

Main reason to look for solution 1, was to avoid work on the website itself. We would only have 1 form then to be integrated.

But based on your answer, we would go for solution 1.

thanks!

DavidDennison
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Yeah I can definitely see why it's a more attractive option. But if there is one thing I've learned in marketing after all these years is that if you try to cut corners or do things the fast way, it could come back to haunt you later haha! Plus, the peace of mind that it was done right the first time is inavluable, especially when your business depends on it!

Thank you for marking my answer as a solution! I appreciate that! 🙌

David Dennison

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website