Blog, Website & Page Publishing

BHoe

Urgent help needed. Child menu items disappeared after adding a new item.

SOLVE

I added a new child menu item to a dropdown menu, and after publishing it, all the dropdown menu items have disappeared. Thinking that it might be a spacing issue, I removed the new item and republished the menu, but the result is the same. I looked at the HTML for the page, and the child menu items are not there, indicating that they were not actually published. I've reached out to Hubspot support, but they've not been able to provide any definitive answers and said that their product team is looking at it. This is a major issue for us, as the dropdown menu contains all our product information, and we have a significant amount of traffic through the site each day. Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Do you have any tips or advice for what I can do to fix this, OR to get Hubspot to be more responsive to the issue? Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BHoe
Solution

SOLVE

The Hubspot team figured this out, and I'm updating this thread to help anyone who might face this issue in the future. The fix for this was to change the "Max Levels" field to 3 instead of 2.
It wasn't something I considered at all, since I didn't add any additional levels to the menu, but the fix works.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
BHoe
Solution

SOLVE

The Hubspot team figured this out, and I'm updating this thread to help anyone who might face this issue in the future. The fix for this was to change the "Max Levels" field to 3 instead of 2.
It wasn't something I considered at all, since I didn't add any additional levels to the menu, but the fix works.

BHoe

SOLVE

Hi Jacob, thank you for replying! I made a placeholder navbar for now so that visitors can navigate our site (albeit, not to all pages that were on the original menu), so the code will be different, but I did get a screen cap of the code for the non-functioning dropdown menu. Oddly enough, the dropdown menu on the Spanish language site is working, and I've provided a screen cap of the code for comparison.
I've still yet to hear from Hubspot about the issue. 
Code for all other pagesCode for all other pagesCode for Spanish language pageCode for Spanish language page

0 Upvotes
Jake_Lett
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

SOLVE

Could you share the URL of the page with the dropdown menu so we can take a look at the code?

Are you able to revert to a previous version of the page or template to see if you can at least get to a point where it wasn't broken?