Blog, Website & Page Publishing

EOosthuizen
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond

Updating ALT Text within Files on images

resolver

Hi Guys, 

Thinking it would be amazing if there was the ability to update or add ALT Text right from the Files tool when uploading an image, this would save time when adding images to blogposts etc, 

1 Soluciones aceptada
NicoleJ
Solución
Moderador de HubSpot
Moderador de HubSpot

resolver

Please be sure to leave your use case comments on this idea here, and upvote it as well! As of May 2022 it's in review once more. 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

12 Respuestas 12
Carl_Sadecki
Participante

resolver

This feature is now live, wilthin file details there is an accessibility drop down which allows you to add alt text when adding the image to files. I don't belive it reprospectivly updates existing images that have been updated previously without alt text. 

0 Me gusta
DianaGomez
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @Carl_Sadecki, hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta
Participante

resolver

+1!!! Please add this feature, adding alt text tags is very difficult and time consuming. As already mentioned above it would be much better to be able to add in alt text tags from the files section of Hubspot.

DianaGomez

resolver

Hi @99 hope you are doing well!

I encourage you to upvote and follow  this idea here, this way it will have more chances to be implemented in the future 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta
NicoleJ
Solución
Moderador de HubSpot
Moderador de HubSpot

resolver

Please be sure to leave your use case comments on this idea here, and upvote it as well! As of May 2022 it's in review once more. 

AdeleTib
Colaborador

resolver

Same! We have images (such as product icons) that are used throughout websites built on the HubSpot CMS, and would like the ability to associate a specific alt tag to each that is used when the image is placed on pages (mirroring the functionality of Media Library within WordPress). 

Adding the ability to add or edit this within the Details view in the Marketing > Files section (and BONUS adding an "Alt Text" column to the view) would be ideal. At the very least, being able to add when using the image and have it persist throughout the site would also be useful. 

HJoshua6
Miembro

resolver

Hey, I wannt to update alt tags of my website . Kindly, guide me how to update it?

Thanks.

0 Me gusta
EOosthuizen

resolver

Hi There, 

Where is your website hosted?? 

Do you want to edit global content or just general alt text for images on the website. 

0 Me gusta
Rranjankush22
Participante

resolver

Hey, so for which platform you are talking about in general? Most of the native blog posting options provide as option to add alt text while adding images or uploading images or if you are also adding the blog post in the HTML form then you can create a image HTML format and add alt text there.

In shopify and bigcommerce I have seen there is no any option to add alt text from files and not sure about the WordPress because I am just assuming like we can add alt text from files for WordPress.

JWaack
Colaborador

resolver

This is not about adding alt text for one-time usage but to add it when uploading the image and have the alt text stay unless you want to change it on specific pages. 
As it is, if you upload an image and use it for different things (such as social media posts, a blog, a landing Page), you have to add alt text every single time. 

EOosthuizen

resolver

Hi There, 

On Hubspot itself, I would like the opportunity to add alt text when uploading an image to the Files section of Hubspot. 

Participante

resolver

Yes!!!

0 Me gusta