Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Slicey
参加者

Unpublishing vs. Archiving Blog Posts

解決

On my website we use blog posts for our product pages. 

There are some products that are no longer being carried in our stores so we don't want those pages appearing on the product listing page. 

Should I be Unpublishing or Archiving these pages? I don't know if we will ever carry these products again. Is there a rule of thumb for when you unpublish vs when you archive? 
https://www.buddyboybrands.com/edibles

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Phil_Vallender
解決策
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

解決

Hi @Slicey 

Archiving alone doesn't remove the content from the website, so I you should always, in my opinion, unpublish content before/when archiving. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

元の投稿で解決策を見る

4件の返信
Tigerduck
参加者

解決

We have a similar issue.  Our site has loads of thin blog content - that should be removed. Does archiving unpublish the page? Or is two seperate processes to archive and unpublish pages? And are redirects needed in this instance?

These pages havent been viewed in well over a year.

0 いいね!
natsumimori
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @Slicey , 

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

As @Phil_Vallender mentioned, we recommend to unpublish + archive in order to remove the content from the website. Here is the knowledgebase article for your reference: [Archive a page, blog post, or email]

I hope this helps, and also thank you @Phil_Vallender for your advice!

All the best,
Natsumi

HdeJong4
メンバー

解決

Does archiving + unpublishing a blog post still allow you to keep the historical data/analytics from that post?

0 いいね!
Phil_Vallender
解決策

解決

Hi @Slicey 

Archiving alone doesn't remove the content from the website, so I you should always, in my opinion, unpublish content before/when archiving. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency