Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Selenoc
Participant

Ungated content on a landing page

Résolue

Hello! 

My team created a good piece of content, it's a PDF, about 5 pages, and I'd like people to see it obviously. 

I'm thinking about a landing page where people could actually read the WHOLE document, and just need to give their email address if they want to download it. 

In our industry, people are getting super tired of being asked their info to be able to access documents. 
So I'd like to avoid this frustration. Could anyone suggest a template that would allow me to do that, available on Hubspot marketplace? thank you! 

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

Sounds more like you just need to place the non-PDF content directly on a page (i.e., blog, or LP) with a couple optional CTAs that say something like, "Download PDF Version". The optional CTAs would then lead to an LP for form completion.
- see [eBook] Perfecting HubSpot: One-to-One Email Templates

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi @Selenoc 

There are few good pillar page layouts on the marketplace but none that combine all the elements that I think make an effective one as I descirbe here: Anatomy of an effective pillar page 

Ideally you want to keep the layout simple, so that readability is high, and retain the images and illustrations from the PDF version. Crucially, you need to offer the optional download of the PDF for led gen purposes. This is where the avialble templates fall down. What you really want is a pop-up modal form, but linking a button to a standard landing page is a decent alternative. 

You may find that this template gets you close to where you want to be: http://3pcreativegroup-1936983.hs-sites.com/mollison-pillar-page-template

If your designer can adapt their visuals to live on the pillar page, that's a great start. If you have a developer that can create a custom landing page template, even better. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

6 Réponses
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Résolue

Hi @Selenoc 

There are few good pillar page layouts on the marketplace but none that combine all the elements that I think make an effective one as I descirbe here: Anatomy of an effective pillar page 

Ideally you want to keep the layout simple, so that readability is high, and retain the images and illustrations from the PDF version. Crucially, you need to offer the optional download of the PDF for led gen purposes. This is where the avialble templates fall down. What you really want is a pop-up modal form, but linking a button to a standard landing page is a decent alternative. 

You may find that this template gets you close to where you want to be: http://3pcreativegroup-1936983.hs-sites.com/mollison-pillar-page-template

If your designer can adapt their visuals to live on the pillar page, that's a great start. If you have a developer that can create a custom landing page template, even better. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

Sounds more like you just need to place the non-PDF content directly on a page (i.e., blog, or LP) with a couple optional CTAs that say something like, "Download PDF Version". The optional CTAs would then lead to an LP for form completion.
- see [eBook] Perfecting HubSpot: One-to-One Email Templates

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Votes
Selenoc
Participant

Résolue

Hi Frank ! 

Thank you for your answer, I was thinking about the option, but my "concern" is that our designer actually made a frankly nice design job for this doc.

Putting the content in the blog post will be losing all this nice design part. Obviously, readers could see it if they download the doc, but won't see it in the original format (in the case of a blog post).

0 Votes
MFrankJohnson
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

Hey Solène. That's usually the case -- nice design in PDF which LP doesn't do justice to.

If you're willing to sacrifice some SEO value of the blog post or LP, you could always use the PDF page images -- like in our example. Otherwise, you're faced with designing a suitable page (i.e., blog, webpage, or LP).

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
AlyLeathery
Participant

Résolue

You said "PDF page images -- like in our example" - did you have an example? We are trying to have PDFs on our landing pages without someone needing to download to view them, but we are having trouble finding a template that allows for PDFs to be visible without a button. 

leticiafritos
Participant

Résolue

I have the same question. Might be able to preview a PDF within an iframe

0 Votes