Blog, Website & Page Publishing

CDamerius
Participante

Track UTM to 3rd party website (e.g. eventbrite)

Hi all,

I've implemented on our website UTMs which led to external/3rd party websites (e.g. eventbrite, GoToWebinar). The accounts of these websites (eventbrite, GoToWebinar) are linked with our Hubspot account.

To track the traffic on links on our website that linked to the above mentioned websites I set UTMs for theses links and implemented them behind the corresponding link button. After the campaign end I wanted to evaluate the traffic to these links and was wondering because I couldn't find any data in the Hubspot analyzis tools (either in the Campaign reporting nor in the Traffic analyzis). Our website was the only medium where people could reach via the UTM links the corresponding 3rd party website (there weren't a newsetter with the links or any social media promotion). I know that there were CTAs on the 3rd party website (because of the registrations there) and I'm wondering why I couldn't find any information about the traffic through these UTMs on our website.

I also differentiated between the UTM names (used source, medium and content/term). But I used for source and medium the same name "website". Could this be the issue?

Is there anyone who can help out with this issues?

Many thanks in advance and KR

Cindy

5 Respostas 5
CDamerius
Participante

Hi @webdew ,

many thanks for your help and your explanation.

Unfortunately, this still doesn't solve my problem. I can see the traffic on the webpage (on which I used the UTMs to the 3rd party website) but I would like to know how many people has clicked on these links. I used different UTMs and can't see any clickrate of them.

I hope this isn't confusing.

Many thanks again and KR

Cindy

0 Avaliação positiva
webdew
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

Hi @CDamerius ,

If I am understanding correctly, you would like to track the traffic coming into their website and clicking on some links which have UTM parameters, leading those traffic into other website

In general, you are able to track this traffic in the Traffic Analytics tool.

What you would like to do is go to the Reports navigation bar > select Analytics Tools > Traffic Analytics

From there, click on the UTM Parameters set up and if you scrolls down, you will be able to see the different UTM campaigns that he has used

webdew_0-1641993393758.png

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards. 

0 Avaliação positiva
IYs4
Membro

There are some very important things that we can discuss here about UTM where I am working very hardly on my website  project where facing this problem.

DavidDennison
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

What problem are you facing?

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com
0 Avaliação positiva
DavidDennison
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

UTM links will be identified in your Google Analytics.

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com