Blog, Website & Page Publishing

HCares
Participant

This domain was added by another HubSpot customer.

I have an old hubspot account where my domain is connected. Now I created a new account and when I try to connect my domain I am getting error ""This domain was added by another HubSpot customer.""

Old hubspot account is already delete and there is no cahncee for me to disconnect the domain

0 Upvotes
13 Replies 13
sipteaagency

I also have this issue where my site got disconnected from inactivity and now I cannot re-connect my domain to my account again that I've restarted. Can someone help me? 

0 Upvotes
HCares
Participant

Up I need help please

0 Upvotes
HCares
Participant

This is the error I am getting 

HCares_0-1684939237900.png

0 Upvotes
OPerek-Clark
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

What is your HubSpot subscription level? Do you happen to have a client success manager you could reach out to?

In all my research, everything is pointing to needing to disconnect the domain in question from the old portal. But since you're saying the old portal no longer exists, it doesn't seem this is possible. Is there a chance the old portal was deactived vs. deleted, and therefore could be reactivated?

My other question is: do you own this domain? Is there a chance someone else could have access to this domain?

HCares
Participant

Hello @OPerek-Clark I own the domain yes. I also tried to reach out GoDaddy and they are telling me that the domain is not pointing elsewhere. I have jsut recently deleted the old hubspot account and unfortunately I forgot to disconnect the domain on that account. Now on this new account I am getting the error when tryoing to connect the domain on this new hubspot account

Screenshot 2023-05-24 201831.png

0 Upvotes
OPerek-Clark

I'm determined to help find a solution for you @HCares!

I came across another recent community post where the individual is experiencing a similar issue where they're unable to add a domain because it's in use with another user and they had an old account the domain was connected to but that has since been deleted. See here.

It looks like Community Manager @MiaSrebrnjak was tagged in and potentially has the ability to see if domains are associated with other accounts. @MiaSrebrnjak any chance you'd be able to support here as well?

HCares
Participant

Thank you so much I really appreciate your responses and your help. Hoping @MiaSrebrnjak can definitely fix this. I already send her a private message

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is all set! 🙂 

@HCares and I discovered that there was another HubSpot account registered with this domain which @HCares created in the past. That account was deactivated due to inactivity, but not completely deleted, which is why our system still detected the domain as connected. @HCares was able to recover the old account as described here.

Thank you for your help @OPerek-Clark💛 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

OPerek-Clark

Hi @HCares,

That's interesting that the old account the domain was connected to was deleted and you're still experiencing this issue. I'm wondering if there's still something on the backend of HubSpot that's blocking this. Have you tried to reach out to HubSpot support on this issue?

HCares
Participant

Hello Operek I did reach to hubspot chat support but they are telling me to ask help in this forum

EPP
Participant

The same happened to me.

0 Upvotes
OPerek-Clark

Hi @MiaSrebrnjak, are you able to help @EPP investigate/solve this issue?

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the tag @OPerek-Clark! 🙂 

@EPP do you remember creating another HubSpot account with this domain? If yes, you'd need to delete the old accounts or disconnect the domain there. That would "free-up" the domain and you'd be able to connect it with your current account. 

If you won't be able so solve this on your own, please let me know and I'll follow up with you directly. Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes