Thank You page personalization with form field

EAGMark
Contributor

Just rolled out a new form on a Hubspot landing page that opens a second Hubspot landing page when submitted. I would like to use the First Name field from the form as a personalization token on the second page. Any thoughts on how to make this happen. 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
DanielSanchez
Key Advisor

Hi @EAGMark ,

U can use personalization tokens in Rich text fields. Here in agency, we use a lot. Look:

personalization-token-rich-text.PNG

I believe you thank you page template have a rich text field to insert the content, but if dont have this field, u can add one in Design Manager. 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best Regards! 🙂

EAGMark
Contributor

Thanks Daniel. That's what I had originally set up, but for new contacts filling out the form, the field doesn't populate on the Thank You page. My assumption is that the new contact information hasn't processed so the Thank You page has nothing pull from. I'm sure there is a way to custom code it, but it's not that critical, just thought it would be a nice to have option. 

Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @EAGMark 

You are right about the issue. In fact, HubSpot specifically recommends not using personalisation tokens on the pages immeadiatly after first conversion:

Add smart content to your emails, website pages, landing pages, and templates 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
DanielSanchez
Key Advisor

Hi @EAGMark ,

It is essential that Tokens have a well-defined default option for missing value.

We use "Hello" when dont have First Name. Look:

value-fallback.PNG

If my name is already registered with Hubspot:

"Daniel, successful registration"

If my name not registered with Hubspot yet:

"Hello, successful registration"

With this, we have no errors in the content displayed.

---

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best Regards! 🙂

0 Upvotes