Blog, Website & Page Publishing

mobedi
Contributor

Testing landing pages and flows best practices

SOLVE

I know that Hubspot does not have any Sandbox environment. I have been giveen access to a Production environment where I should create landing pages and test my workflows. It is very risky to play around production data and publish test landing pages willy-nilly.

What is the best practice for keeping my test environment isolated?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Stanczak
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello. We are a small company, so I don't have a whole lot of experience with testing in a team environment. Here are a few simple ideas. We create password protected test landing pages, then add a "noindex" tag to the header to ensure they don't show up on a search engine result page until we're ready. The trick is to not forget to take that tag out when you're ready to launch.

Also I know Hubspot supports multiple subdomains if you set them up correctly. It's very easy to switch a landing page URL between the subdomains. Once you move your test content to a subdomain perhaps there's an easy way to make everything under that subdomain inaccessible outside of the IP range used by your company/office.

Also if you would like to test specific content on live landing pages, you can use Smart Content filter settings to make the test content appear only to contacts on a specific marketing list. For example, a list of your own employees or a client. Anyone else visiting that page would see the original content. When you're ready, you can invert that filter so your live audience sees the new content.

Hope this is helpful. I'd love to hear what you decide on.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Stanczak
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello. We are a small company, so I don't have a whole lot of experience with testing in a team environment. Here are a few simple ideas. We create password protected test landing pages, then add a "noindex" tag to the header to ensure they don't show up on a search engine result page until we're ready. The trick is to not forget to take that tag out when you're ready to launch.

Also I know Hubspot supports multiple subdomains if you set them up correctly. It's very easy to switch a landing page URL between the subdomains. Once you move your test content to a subdomain perhaps there's an easy way to make everything under that subdomain inaccessible outside of the IP range used by your company/office.

Also if you would like to test specific content on live landing pages, you can use Smart Content filter settings to make the test content appear only to contacts on a specific marketing list. For example, a list of your own employees or a client. Anyone else visiting that page would see the original content. When you're ready, you can invert that filter so your live audience sees the new content.

Hope this is helpful. I'd love to hear what you decide on.

mobedi
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you for a great response.

0 Upvotes
Stanczak
Contributor

SOLVE

My pleasure. Glad to hear the info was useful!

0 Upvotes