Blog, Website & Page Publishing

JonathanMill
Participant

Synchronising HubSpot and WordPress blogs

Résolue

Hi, does anyone know of any third party integrations? We are an SEO agency and don't want to use a HubSpot subdomain for obvious reasons, but love the tools. 

Please focus responses on the synchronisation questions as not wanting to go down a rabbit hole discussion on subdomains etc.

Mirroring or synchronisation options and suggestions appreciated.

HubSpot Blog Pros

• Automate monthly (also daily or weekly) automated blog recap emails
  • Have your blog fully integrated with all of your HubSpot CTAs, Forms & Fields
  • Simple blog analytics for you and clients

Blog Sub Domain Cons

• Moving the blog to another subdomain may cause in a loss of traffic and rankings for our blog
  • The HubSpot blog does not give you control of metadata that certain WordPress plugins can give you
  • Author pages will not be no-indexed and can lead to duplicate content and faulty crawl reporting (this has been fixed to some extent)
4 Solutions acceptées
Josh
Solution
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Résolue

To clarify, you want the blog to live in both places? Publish from HubSpot, but they actually show up on your WordPress blog?

I know where you're coming from as it relates to subdomains, which is why we moved everything to the HubSpot CMS about 2 years ago. It was a great move for us!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
Josh
Solution

Résolue

You could potentially just use the RSS feed from HubSpot to pull them into WordPress (using RSS Post Importer - or similar), but given your desire to avoid sub-domains and 301 redirects, I would recommend just hosting your blogs on WordPress and ensure the HS tracking code exists on those posts. 

If others have a better solution, cool...but I'm not aware of others. 

Best of luck!

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

JonathanMill
Solution
Participant

Résolue

Cheers Josh, we could do that, I was thinking about that option originally, its not ellegant but could serve as a workaround.

0 Votes
Bfroyen
Solution
Participant

Résolue

Hi

For the same reason, we are experimenting with a tool called Storychief.  It sounds promising since it can publish the blog posts in different media automatically, Wordpress & Hubspot included.

Have a look at https://storychief.io/

Take care

Bart

15 Réponses
KatKClark
Membre

Résolue

Fredrik, what is the name of your plugin? Thanks. 

0 Votes
InviseAgency
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite

Résolue

Hi @KatKClark and sorry for the delay. For some reason I did not see the notification on your comment 💩

The plugin is not listed in the WP marketplace, but can be purchased directly from us (Invise Agency) as a zip-file ready to be installed directly in your current WP installation.

More information about the features of the plugin and how it works can be found here: https://hubs.ly/H0XvwxT0 

If you, or anyone else is interested, I recommend sending me an email (fredrik.landstrom@invise.se) so I don't miss any more notifications in this community 😉

Take care!

/Fredrik Landström

CTO

Invise Agency

Sweden

Bfroyen
Solution
Participant

Résolue

Hi

For the same reason, we are experimenting with a tool called Storychief.  It sounds promising since it can publish the blog posts in different media automatically, Wordpress & Hubspot included.

Have a look at https://storychief.io/

Take care

Bart

DMarks
Membre | Partenaire solutions
Membre | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Thanks for mentioning this.  We are in the process of creating a podcast and would like to be able to syndicate that to our website in the same stream as a blog.  IE have a mix of stories where some are podcasts and some are just written.  Do you know how well Storychief does that?

0 Votes
InviseAgency

Résolue
Hi!
I know this thread is pretty old, but I just want to tell you we have a Wordpress plugin that does exactly what you’re asking for. Mirroring/creating ghost posts in HubSpot that does not affecr statistics or SEO (no duplicate content etc). Works like a charm!

Please email me if you’re interested and want to look at the product sheet.

/Fredrik Landstrom
CTO Invise Agency
fredrik.landstrom@invise.se

Cheers 🥂
0 Votes
brik_dm
Participant

Résolue

Yes, you’ll have to upload a podcast on a streaming service like Spotify, Simplecast, Anchor or Pippa and embed this in an article using StoryChief; for better ranking/indexing you can also write out a transcript.

0 Votes
JSong
Participant

Résolue

Hey Bart, thanks for adding to this conversation.  Indeed, StoryChief acts as a layer above all your channels (including but not limited to Hubspot and WordPress). And and all feedback is always welcome and greatly appreciated!

Jun

StoryChief.io

0 Votes
JonathanMill
Participant

Résolue

Thanks a lot this is truly is a solution, the only one of its kind too.

0 Votes
Bfroyen
Participant

Résolue

Great to hear its working out Jonathan. Don't hesitate to share your findings

Take care

Bart

0 Votes
Josh
Solution

Résolue

To clarify, you want the blog to live in both places? Publish from HubSpot, but they actually show up on your WordPress blog?

I know where you're coming from as it relates to subdomains, which is why we moved everything to the HubSpot CMS about 2 years ago. It was a great move for us!

Josh Curcio

0 Votes
JonathanMill
Participant

Résolue

Hi Yes, thanks for ther post, would ideally like to publish once on HubSpot and have a synchronisation occur with our WordPress Blog. Not interested at all in 301 redirects,

0 Votes
Josh
Solution

Résolue

You could potentially just use the RSS feed from HubSpot to pull them into WordPress (using RSS Post Importer - or similar), but given your desire to avoid sub-domains and 301 redirects, I would recommend just hosting your blogs on WordPress and ensure the HS tracking code exists on those posts. 

If others have a better solution, cool...but I'm not aware of others. 

Best of luck!

Josh Curcio

frankgeraci
Membre | Partenaire solutions Gold
Membre | Partenaire solutions Gold

Résolue

Josh, 

We've built a plugin for WordPress that extends WP search into HubSpot content, included is also a widget that pulls any number of recent posts from HubSpot. 

I know I am a little late to reply to this thread, but this could be another solution as it does not store any HS data in WP, all HS post content is inserted into WP search on the fly.

In addition to blogs, we've added forms, ctas, links, and files.

Have a look, maybe this will help future issues with WordPress/HubSpot management

https://wordpress.org/plugins/hub2word/

0 Votes
GreenYachts
Contributeur

Résolue

I know this is a really old thread, but I searched for an answer to this problem and we are going to try the wordpress plugin and see if that works.  

JonathanMill
Solution
Participant

Résolue

Cheers Josh, we could do that, I was thinking about that option originally, its not ellegant but could serve as a workaround.

0 Votes