Blog, Website & Page Publishing

wviau
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond

Surveymonkey embedded poll in HubSpot

resolver

Hi!

So, I've got a client who is using the HubSpot blog platform, but wants to embed a Surveymonkey poll directly into a blog post.  They've got a paid Surveymonkey subscription, so it's possible to get an embed code for the survey.  However, when I use the embed code in the blog post, it won't render the survey correctly. It seems to include a tiny 8pt. tall window that scrolls up and down the embedded survey (single question, multiple choice) that is so narrow you can't read the survey. Very un-user-friendly.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here? I've embedded YouTube videos and other embed codes before that have worked out just fine. Can a HubSpot blog contain a Surveymonkey embedded survey?

1 Soluciones aceptada
Crystal_Hopper
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

That code does the same for me. So I started knocking things out. I currently have this:

<div class="hs-embed-wrapper" data-script-embed="true" style="position: relative; overflow: hidden; height: 700px;"><div class="hs-embed-content-wrapper"><script>(function(t,e,s,n){var o,a,c;t.SMCX=t.SMCX||[],e.getElementById(n)||(o=e.getElementsByTagName(s),a=o[o.length-1],c=e.createElement(s),c.type="text/javascript",c.async=!0,c.id=n,c.src="https://widget.surveymonkey.com/collect/website/js/tRaiETqnLgj758hTBazgd6APemm2sOAolx7z6u_2FSoZBNE2w...",a.parentNode.insertBefore(c,a))})(window,document,"script","smcx-sdk");</script></div></div>

Make sure you use the Insert - Embed function in Hubspot:

Crystal_Hopper_3-1625604360371.png

Mostly I took out a lot of the sizing and responsive settings in the first Div. Not sure you want it all to come out but just start removing things until it shows up correctly.

And it shows up in Preview mode:

Crystal_Hopper_1-1625604112894.png

Crystal_Hopper_2-1625604146026.png

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

8 Respuestas 8
Crystal_Hopper
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @DHaley. What is your embed code and what version of Hubspot are you using? Are you trying to embed the code in a page, blog post, other? We'll do our best to help you also.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
DHaley
Miembro

resolver

Did you got the solution can you help me out too? I don't know where to add formatting scripts in web ? I although watch other videos but cannot pick the things.

0 Me gusta
wviau

resolver

Wow! That worked great. Yeah, once I trimmed the client embed code down to just the "<script> ... </script>" chunk, it worked just fine.  Thanks a ton!

Crystal_Hopper
Asesor destacado

resolver

Glad to hear it!

0 Me gusta
Crystal_Hopper
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

That code does the same for me. So I started knocking things out. I currently have this:

<div class="hs-embed-wrapper" data-script-embed="true" style="position: relative; overflow: hidden; height: 700px;"><div class="hs-embed-content-wrapper"><script>(function(t,e,s,n){var o,a,c;t.SMCX=t.SMCX||[],e.getElementById(n)||(o=e.getElementsByTagName(s),a=o[o.length-1],c=e.createElement(s),c.type="text/javascript",c.async=!0,c.id=n,c.src="https://widget.surveymonkey.com/collect/website/js/tRaiETqnLgj758hTBazgd6APemm2sOAolx7z6u_2FSoZBNE2w...",a.parentNode.insertBefore(c,a))})(window,document,"script","smcx-sdk");</script></div></div>

Make sure you use the Insert - Embed function in Hubspot:

Crystal_Hopper_3-1625604360371.png

Mostly I took out a lot of the sizing and responsive settings in the first Div. Not sure you want it all to come out but just start removing things until it shows up correctly.

And it shows up in Preview mode:

Crystal_Hopper_1-1625604112894.png

Crystal_Hopper_2-1625604146026.png

wviau

resolver

Oh, I should note, it shows up exactly like that whether there's more text continuing under it, a CTA, or a form.  It's not an overlap issue.

wviau

resolver

Hi Crystal!

Try this on for size. Here's what Surveymonkey provides for its embed code on a designed test survey with a (theoretical) height and width of "700" (the maximum on the height and width sliders in their formatting options):

<script>(function(t,e,s,n){var o,a,c;t.SMCX=t.SMCX||[],e.getElementById(n)||(o=e.getElementsByTagName(s),a=o[o.length-1],c=e.createElement(s),c.type="text/javascript",c.async=!0,c.id=n,c.src="https://widget.surveymonkey.com/collect/website/js/tRaiETqnLgj758hTBazgd6APemm2sOAolx7z6u_2FSoZBNE2w...",a.parentNode.insertBefore(c,a))})(window,document,"script","smcx-sdk");</script><a style="font: 12px Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; text-decoration: none;" href=www.surveymonkey.com> Create your own user feedback survey </a>

It says this is what it should look like when embedded (these are the top and the bottom of the in-box scrolling area):

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 4.10.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-06 at 4.11.04 PM.png

However, when I actually place it in the HubSpot blog post, it shows like this in the preview or live version, with the ability to scroll (using the mouse wheel) within that tiny embed space after the blog text. Interestingly, the embedded survey shows no bottom border either:

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 4.15.18 PM.png

Thoughts?

0 Me gusta
Crystal_Hopper
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @wviau! Since you've embedded other content, I'm assuming you are at least somewhat familiar with manually manipulating embed code and changing the height and other parameters. Is this correct? If not, then that's something you might look at closely. Really look at the embed code and see if you can modify it and change parameters to make it work.

Is there any chance you could share a SurveyMonkey embed snippet here so we could try it? It doesn't have to be the actual survey you're working with for privacy reasons. You could make a test one to try.

0 Me gusta