Blog, Website & Page Publishing

PMercer

Suggestion for a website theme

SOLVE

Hi all

I began my onboarding with @SiobhanBrady today. I am creating a new website using HubSpot CMS. She suggested I might reach out to the community to ask for advice on what theme might be most suitable for me.

My company, HawkSight SRM, is a security risk management company. Our principle product/USP is an innovative cloud-based/SAAS security risk management product. In addition, we offer training services including an elaerning in security risk management and product training and finally consulting services starting from configuring account all the way to a totally managed service. 

I am keen on a clean clear website marketing all three pillars of service offering.

Any advice on themes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

1 Accepted solution
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Personally speaking I wouldn't recommend getting just a theme and trying to rebrand it  and feel it would be more beneficial for you to take a deeper dive.  I would consider getting a partner involved to get you a template that meets the needs of your business and conveys the brand in the way you want to be seen and understand what you are looking to improve on from your existing site.  To start, why did you move from that to Hubspot?  Is there something you are looking to do that you couldn't before? Then from a UX perspective, what are you looking for in terms of navigation. From having worked on many websites in my career one thing that jumps out at me is seeing an "About" link listed before products and services. From a customer experience, if I land on your website, regardless of the template, where would you expect me to go.  That could be as simple as the next page or a couple pages depending on how your sales/bu's are organized.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Personally speaking I wouldn't recommend getting just a theme and trying to rebrand it  and feel it would be more beneficial for you to take a deeper dive.  I would consider getting a partner involved to get you a template that meets the needs of your business and conveys the brand in the way you want to be seen and understand what you are looking to improve on from your existing site.  To start, why did you move from that to Hubspot?  Is there something you are looking to do that you couldn't before? Then from a UX perspective, what are you looking for in terms of navigation. From having worked on many websites in my career one thing that jumps out at me is seeing an "About" link listed before products and services. From a customer experience, if I land on your website, regardless of the template, where would you expect me to go.  That could be as simple as the next page or a couple pages depending on how your sales/bu's are organized.

PMercer

SOLVE

Thanks very much, Ben, great advice I will look into a partner.

0 Upvotes