Blog, Website & Page Publishing

chason-choate

Site search returning zero results

SOLVE

Hi there! I've built out some public and protected (membership) blogs. Now I want to add a site search so members can search both public and protected content. 

I created a search page (I don't want this to be the default search) using the site_search_input and site_search_results modules. Configured the site_search_input to submit back to this search page. After promotion I can see that loop works as expected. 

The issue I'm having is site search is not returning any matches.

I have used the Site Search API to verify both pages are indexed and I can see results from the public pages. But strangely the site_search_results module still returns zero results.

Any ideas/thoughts are greatly appreciated!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
chason-choate
Solution

SOLVE

It turns out when we created our sandbox we set the blog/pages on separate domains. I didn't notice this until later on. I confirmed that adding a search section to a blog, which allowed me to run the search from that domain, did indeed return both the public/protected content in the search.

We've since combined them under the same domain and its working as expected.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
chason-choate
Solution

SOLVE

It turns out when we created our sandbox we set the blog/pages on separate domains. I didn't notice this until later on. I confirmed that adding a search section to a blog, which allowed me to run the search from that domain, did indeed return both the public/protected content in the search.

We've since combined them under the same domain and its working as expected.