Blog, Website & Page Publishing

jonlcrow

Showing multiple blogs on a single site

SOLVE

I want to have a single site where I can show blogs on:

- a wide range of topics

- a wide range of products

But have the ability to show only blogs related to those topics or products or products by topics (for example upcoming webinars on this product), and have people sign up to receive notifications on only those products or topics.

Originally I had it set up that the author was the product. But I run into the problem of people subscribing where they can only be notified if anything gets posted. I thought about setting up multiple blogs and having a main site with RSS feeds. But I can't figure out a way to integrate the feeds so there is a list of blog articles from all sites. If I have to break them up there are just too many categories to make it very easy to scroll through.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jonlcrow

I think you are going to struggle to achieve all of this on the HubSpot platform. 

Just to confirm what you already know, HubSpot blogs only have one layer, or axis, of breakdown - topics. Multiple blogs are supported and can be displayed by RSS, but not merged (easily if at all) with one another. Furthermore, blog subscription (for notifications) is only possible at the whole-blog level. 

So, while you could have a blog per product and topics as topics, you're not going to be able to present users or notify them, based on the same topic across all blogs. 

You might have more luck if you had both products and topics as blog topics, everything in one blog, but this may also make it very hard to manage. 

Not sure this helps but hope if confirms a few things. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
shamaleyte
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Regarding the merge operation of  RSS.xml files from different blogs,  I found this article. Not sure if it helps . 
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CMS-Development/Blended-RSS-feed-Email/td-p/202621

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jonlcrow

I think you are going to struggle to achieve all of this on the HubSpot platform. 

Just to confirm what you already know, HubSpot blogs only have one layer, or axis, of breakdown - topics. Multiple blogs are supported and can be displayed by RSS, but not merged (easily if at all) with one another. Furthermore, blog subscription (for notifications) is only possible at the whole-blog level. 

So, while you could have a blog per product and topics as topics, you're not going to be able to present users or notify them, based on the same topic across all blogs. 

You might have more luck if you had both products and topics as blog topics, everything in one blog, but this may also make it very hard to manage. 

Not sure this helps but hope if confirms a few things. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
jonlcrow

SOLVE

As I feared. I was hoping there would be a creative way around it.

Perhaps some java programmer can find a way to combine RSS feeds.

0 Upvotes