Blog, Website & Page Publishing

matttunney
Stratege/Strategin

Show form if a not previously submitted

lösung

Hi,

I need to put together landing page that has gated content blocked by a form either set in a modal/popup or inline. Once the user has filled out the form, the rest of the content loads and teh form is removed or hidden from the page.

How do I go about detecting if the current visitor has previously filled out a form with in a set time period (days/weeks) on a page?

I've looked at trying to use `crm-oject',  however it looks as though that needs a known value to get user data of either email or id.

https://designers.hubspot.com/en/docs/hubl/hubl-supported-functions#crm-object

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
MFrankJohnson
Lösung
Vordenker/-in

lösung

>>"How do I go about detecting if the current visitor has previously filled out a form with in a set time period (days/weeks) on a page?"

One way to determine if the current visitor (i.e., HubSpot Contact) has previously filled out a specific form (or forms) within a set timeframe is to use a HubSpot Smart List (aka: dynamic list, aka: active list). Once you build the list criteria, contacts who meet those criteria automatically become members.
- see Determine your list criteria

That being said, detection of HubSpot Contacts who visit a HubSpot (or non-HubSpot) page is another matter entirely. This is typically handled by the cookie dropped/updated during form submission. As you're probably already asking, "what if the HubSpot Contact visits our page from a device without the cookie?".

Great question. Glad you asked. 😉

HubSpot Contacts who visit our target page from non-cookied devices will be treated like first-time visitors. (undesirable, but no way around it)
- see Create forms

Perhaps a better solution would be to gate content based on HubSpot registration status of your contacts. This is a much more manageable and reliable method of delivering gated content. However, it requires HubSpot Marketing Enterprise.
- see Control audience access to pages and blogs

Just a thought.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
2 Antworten
MFrankJohnson
Lösung
Vordenker/-in

lösung

>>"How do I go about detecting if the current visitor has previously filled out a form with in a set time period (days/weeks) on a page?"

One way to determine if the current visitor (i.e., HubSpot Contact) has previously filled out a specific form (or forms) within a set timeframe is to use a HubSpot Smart List (aka: dynamic list, aka: active list). Once you build the list criteria, contacts who meet those criteria automatically become members.
- see Determine your list criteria

That being said, detection of HubSpot Contacts who visit a HubSpot (or non-HubSpot) page is another matter entirely. This is typically handled by the cookie dropped/updated during form submission. As you're probably already asking, "what if the HubSpot Contact visits our page from a device without the cookie?".

Great question. Glad you asked. 😉

HubSpot Contacts who visit our target page from non-cookied devices will be treated like first-time visitors. (undesirable, but no way around it)
- see Create forms

Perhaps a better solution would be to gate content based on HubSpot registration status of your contacts. This is a much more manageable and reliable method of delivering gated content. However, it requires HubSpot Marketing Enterprise.
- see Control audience access to pages and blogs

Just a thought.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
lrosin
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

This Control Access method requiring "registration" makes no sense to me. Why can't you just require that they have filled out a form (any form)? The control access parameter makes you select that a person is on a list... but why can't it just be "has filled out X form"? That way, it's not a single registration and you can customize each form for lead generation...