Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Emina-Demiri
Participant

Should we move our blog to Hubspot?

SOLVE

Hi

we are fairly new to HS, few months only. Back when we signed up I made the decision not to move our blog there but now after a few months Im again debating this. Any help/experiences are very welcome. This is what Im thinking:

benefits: 

- SEO optimisation at the source - we use MOZ as well but moving the blog will give us that bit extra

- AMP - id love to have this! 

- reporting - much easier to see the connections and sources on a post level

- easier editing - particularly when it comes to forms and CTAs

- responsive editing - our site is mobile friendly but with embeding CTAs you never know and you have to check 

- easy design tweaks - currenly we rely on our devs but Im thinking with Hubspot minor tweaks on posts (eg. adding forms in sidebar) can be done in house

challenges:

- subdomains have an effect on speed - no matter how much some say they dont it seems like they do!

- redirects - now this is a huge one for us! we recently changed site and already have redirects in place. moving the blog will mean another lot of redirects and our speed will be affected. does anyone know if you have to migrate old posts or can you just move the future one? so not migrating the index page but redirecting from it and just from time of migration rather then historical posts. 

- no e-commerce migration - we have Woo-commerce and Hubspot doesnt allow migration of the e-commerce funcionality. this would mean that the users dont see their cart or any other element when they are on a post. definitely not user friendly!  e-commerce is not our main profit generator which makes it slighly more palpable but still. 

- migration back is a fuff - if we ever decide to leave Hubspot 

help on this is really appriciated! Ive been racking my brain for a while now and really need some experienced help. Im also new to Hubspot so its a learning curve

HUGS!

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Emina-Demiri

Your analysis of the pros and cons was really spot on!

HubSpot is a great blogging platform, especially when it comes to ease of editing, adding CTAs and reporting.

While the subdomain issue is real, I believe that in most cases the benefits of HubSpot as a blogging platform (especially if you use its CTAs, forms and landing pages) outweigh the drawbacks. 

Redirects are a bigger issue and, if moving, I would recommend cleaning these up to replace the current ones with ones direct to HubSpot, rather than settling for a whole new bunch. 

The lack of support for your ecommerce platform is a pain - althought HubSpot is working on something - that said, lots of businesses run their blogs on other platform, even on medium, with success. As long as you can get people from your posts to your product pages, you should be ok. 

I think you understand the issues really well already and the final decision is yours to make of course. 

Hope this is of some help.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Emina-Demiri

Your analysis of the pros and cons was really spot on!

HubSpot is a great blogging platform, especially when it comes to ease of editing, adding CTAs and reporting.

While the subdomain issue is real, I believe that in most cases the benefits of HubSpot as a blogging platform (especially if you use its CTAs, forms and landing pages) outweigh the drawbacks. 

Redirects are a bigger issue and, if moving, I would recommend cleaning these up to replace the current ones with ones direct to HubSpot, rather than settling for a whole new bunch. 

The lack of support for your ecommerce platform is a pain - althought HubSpot is working on something - that said, lots of businesses run their blogs on other platform, even on medium, with success. As long as you can get people from your posts to your product pages, you should be ok. 

I think you understand the issues really well already and the final decision is yours to make of course. 

Hope this is of some help.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Emina-Demiri
Participant

SOLVE

thanks. Appriciate the reply. Yes the 404 are the major pain to be honest. Will have a think. Im hoping there is a way of moving just the posts going forward and not legacy. Im thinking if the index page re-directs to Hubspot from now on that should work. so not moving the index page at all. 

Glad Im at least on the right track with my thinking 🙂

0 Upvotes
nikkiownby
Participant

SOLVE

@Emina-Demiri , 

I am in the process of making a similar decision and am going through the same exact debate! What did you decide for your company and what were the final factors that swayed your decision?

Thank you in advance for your time!

0 Upvotes
Emina-Demiri
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Nikki,

we didn't move in the end. We would just have too many 404 if we did so it wasn't worth it. I also don't feel like we are losing a lot. We still use Hubspot landing pages anyway and yes its a bit more work having to embed things etc. but for us, it works. We might consider a move later down the line but not now. Good luck! 

0 Upvotes
nikkiownby
Participant

SOLVE

@Emina-Demiri , 

Thank you so much for letting me know! That is very helpful!

0 Upvotes
OLukavetska
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Emina-Demiri,
The use of CRM systems actually facilitates the business processes and improves the customer engagement. However, a start of providing the chosen platform may require a lot of time and efforts.
To speed up the data import process to the CRM, I recommend you to pay attention to the benefits of automatic migration. For example, Data2CRM can provide such an opportunity. In addition, in case you get some problems with your data migration, you can ask its experts for help.

0 Upvotes