Blog, Website & Page Publishing

nmclain
Participant

Sender Options: Blog Notification Email

SOLVE

Can I set up our instant blog notification email so the sender is the author? If so, how do I do this? I only see an option for a specific person or "contact owner"/

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Can I set up our instant blog notification email so the sender is the author? If so, how do I do this? I only see an option for a specific person or "contact owner"?

Short A: Ok, so no.

Longer A:

The context within which a HubSpot blog post is published AND by whom it is authored is very separate from HubSpot marketing email notifications which are sent from HubSpot users only.

- see Verify the email address used to send marketing emails

Should you want your HubSpot instant blog notifiation marketing emails to come from a specific author that author would either need to be manually selected as the sender (for all instant notifications) OR designated as the Contact.owner -- ahead of time. (best practice)

Using a little Workflow kung-fu, you could have HubSpot auto-assign the blog author as the Contact.owner (on a post-by-post basis). But it wouldn't be very scalable without customization and could quickly get messy. Just a thought.

Again, {{ content.blog_post_author.display_name }} may only be used in context to blog content, not marketing emails.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Can I set up our instant blog notification email so the sender is the author? If so, how do I do this? I only see an option for a specific person or "contact owner"?

Short A: Ok, so no.

Longer A:

The context within which a HubSpot blog post is published AND by whom it is authored is very separate from HubSpot marketing email notifications which are sent from HubSpot users only.

- see Verify the email address used to send marketing emails

Should you want your HubSpot instant blog notifiation marketing emails to come from a specific author that author would either need to be manually selected as the sender (for all instant notifications) OR designated as the Contact.owner -- ahead of time. (best practice)

Using a little Workflow kung-fu, you could have HubSpot auto-assign the blog author as the Contact.owner (on a post-by-post basis). But it wouldn't be very scalable without customization and could quickly get messy. Just a thought.

Again, {{ content.blog_post_author.display_name }} may only be used in context to blog content, not marketing emails.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes