Search for the blog page

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hey, 

I tried to put a search bar/icon on the header on my blog page but the module for search in Act2 Neambo template shows google results when press enter. I dont want a search like this, I need to display results on the same page curating the blog results and within same template . Attaching picture to show what's happening now.see the search icon on the extreme top right cornersee the search icon on the extreme top right cornerafter clicking it shows this screen, which looks good but shows google page after clicking which I dont wantafter clicking it shows this screen, which looks good but shows google page after clicking which I dont wantHere comes the search results which takes me out of the website, need to change thisHere comes the search results which takes me out of the website, need to change this

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hey, 

I tried to put a search bar/icon on the header on my blog page but the module for search in Act2 Neambo template shows google results when press enter. I dont want a search like this, I need to display results on the same page curating the blog results and within same template . Attaching picture to show what's happening now.see the search icon on the extreme top right cornersee the search icon on the extreme top right cornerafter clicking it shows this screen, which looks good but shows google page after clicking which I dont wantafter clicking it shows this screen, which looks good but shows google page after clicking which I dont wantHere comes the search results which takes me out of the website, need to change thisHere comes the search results which takes me out of the website, need to change this

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor | Elite Partner

Hi there,

The way I understand your question, you are looking to add blog search functionality to your site. As such, I think the best response I can give is to link you through to this thread, which I believe has the solution that you are looking for:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Content-Design-Questions/Site-Search-for-blogs/td-p/11308

I hope this helps.

If it does, then go ahead and mark this as a solution. 

All the best

Michael Peach

Technical Marketing Team Lead

Salted Stone

Need more help? Lets Chat!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

They are saying to put this code for manking the search module works.

{% set querys = request.query_dict %}
{% if querys.search %} {% set search = querys.search|lower %}{% else %}{% set search = " " %}{% endif %}
{% for content in contents %}
    {% if content.name|lower is string_containing search %}
        {{content.name}}
    {% endif %}
{% endfor %}

But I have no Idea where to put this code in blog template?

Could you let me know the step to follow to implement this please.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Advisor

Hi @Shaykoo

As per my knowledge, HubSpot does not have this feature. There could be some other hack ways, but I'd suggest using the Custom Search Engine by Google. You can find the set of instructions on the Custom Google Search page itself. If you plan to use it; I'd suggest using the ad-free version (paid version) of CSE.

PS. Google Custom Search JSON API provides 100 search queries per day for free. Additional requests cost $5 per 1000 queries, up to 10k queries per day.

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Advisor

@Shaykoo Awesome!!! 

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
0 Upvotes
Highlighted

How can I put search bar on landing page to find keyword related searchs

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Advisor

Hi @karab 

You can use HubSpot Site Search Module in the landing page template. https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/introducing-hubspots-site-search
Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist