Blog, Website & Page Publishing

BDeWeese

Same post, different thumbnails on different pages

SOLVE

I updated a featured image on a post. The correct thumbnail of the updated featured image shows up on correctly on one post but not another. Tried differnt browsers and have cleared the cache many time.

What's the issue here? I'm trying to resolve performance issues, but it's really hard to do if Hubspot is serving incorrectly images.

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 3.12.46 PM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BDeWeese 

You can add the string in red below (with random numbers) to the end of the URL on each page to see if the correct image loads, if it does, then it is a server-side cache issue and usually takes 24-48 hours to resolve.

www.yourwebsite.com/?hsCacheBuster=653

If you don't want to wait, sometimes republishing the pages with the incorrect image can help push the change through to the server.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @BDeWeese 

You can add the string in red below (with random numbers) to the end of the URL on each page to see if the correct image loads, if it does, then it is a server-side cache issue and usually takes 24-48 hours to resolve.

www.yourwebsite.com/?hsCacheBuster=653

If you don't want to wait, sometimes republishing the pages with the incorrect image can help push the change through to the server.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
BDeWeese

SOLVE

OK, cool. That helped. Thanks. How long do these changes usually take to take effect? I'm asking because I need to know how long I should rerun (accurate) SEO scans.

Jnix284

SOLVE

@BDeWeese  usually 24-48 hours, but as I mentioned, sometimes republishing the page with the incorrect image can help push the change to the server and it updates.

The good news though, the SEO scans shouldn't be impacted by a cache, they should be pulling the files directly from the code.

0 Upvotes
BDeWeese

SOLVE

Correct url should be:

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 3.12.10 PM.png

0 Upvotes