Blog, Website & Page Publishing

melasprad1010

Removing a large background image

Hello, I am building my website and on the template I chose there is a large background image at the top of the page. I want to replace that image with my own. When I click on the image it looks like I should be able to click replace in the menu on the left and I do, but nothing happens. All other images on the page are able to be changed, just not the large background image at the top of the page. All other images have a repace/remove function, but this large background image does not. Please help!

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
Whathcock
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

@melasprad1010  thanks for sharing! It definitely looks like you should be able to change that image. This feels like a bug to me and that things aren't working as expected -- I'd suggest reaching out to HubSpot's technicaly support team as they'll have access to your portal and can troubleshoot directly in it.

Whitney

signature.png

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.
melasprad1010

Thanks Whitney! 

0 Upvotes
melasprad1010

In the photo - hopefully you can see - on the left it says "replace" but when you click there it won't let me do anything. Other photos all say Replace/Remove and I have the choice. This doesn't allow for anything. Thank you guys!! This is my first time and I have used drop and drag before on Kajabi and could easily figure that out, but this I am at a loss. 

hubspot background image.png

0 Upvotes
Whathcock

Hi @melasprad1010 ,

Are you able to share screenshots of what you're seeing in the editor? I think that would help the community assist you in troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance!

signature.png

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.
melasprad1010

Thanks for the tip! I added it above. 🙂

0 Upvotes
Niharika
Member | Platinum Partner

Hi @melasprad1010 

Trust you are doing.

If that section is not editable to add the background image. Then you can change the background image by using CSS. It would be great if you can share the WEB URL of page so that I can share the CSS for same.

Hope you will understand.

Thanks

Niharika Goyal

melasprad1010

Thanks! I added images above. Perhaps that will help you help me? 🙂 

0 Upvotes
Niharika

Hi @melasprad1010 

Thanks for sharing the screenshot.

As per my understanding from screenshot, you are using correct approach, background image will get replace by clicking on Replace on left side.

But if this is not working then you have to check with Hubspot support by sharing the name of the particular theme that you are using to create the page.

Another way is that you can share the web URL/Publish URL of page with me so I can share the CSS that you can add on particuar page to change the background image.

Hope you will understand.

Thanks

Niharika Goyal

0 Upvotes