Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Babak
Contributor

Related pages

SOLVE

Hello,

So basically we used "Website pages" as blog posts (the previous developer did it), so now we have lots of Website pages in which they act as separate pages like (home page, contact us, etc.) and blog posts too, but the blog posts have different URL slug, the content creator manually but /blog/ before each URL.

So now we need a related posts section below each post, 

I saw this article

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/guides/creating-a-related-post-listing

and functions page too

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/hubl/functions

But it seems there is no straight way to solve this problem since the page doesn't support Tag too.

Can you please suggest me a solution? even if we can't figure out the "related post" it's ok to show recent posts ( I guess with following URL /blog/ it's possible but don't know how)

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Related pages

SOLVE

Hi @Babak,

It sounds like you are planning on keeping the current setup of the blog posts as pages vs moving them to the blog post structure. If this is the path you are going I do believe that you will have struggles accomplishing what you are trying to do.

I would highly recommend moving this content into the blog hosting functionality within HubSpot for a variety of reasons:

• Use of tags to serve related content
  • Use of tags to improve user experience
  • Archiving of blog posts (automatically)
  • Search Engine Optimization
    • With the appropriate structured markup on the templates, Google will understand that these are articles/blogs vs website pages
  • Reporting
    • The reporting tools in HubSpot will allow you to see what visitors/contacts/customers were derived from blog post visits vs website pages
      • This will be unclear if the blogs aren't using the blog functionality

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Josh

Related pages

SOLVE

Hi @Babak,

I am not aware of a way to automate it, but you may be able to export and then import. 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/export-your-content-and-data

You may lose some of the formatting and structure in this fashion depending on the structure of your pages vs your blog post template.

Josh 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

Babak
Contributor

Related pages

SOLVE

Thank you and have a great week Josh!

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

Related pages

SOLVE

Hi @Babak,

It sounds like you are planning on keeping the current setup of the blog posts as pages vs moving them to the blog post structure. If this is the path you are going I do believe that you will have struggles accomplishing what you are trying to do.

I would highly recommend moving this content into the blog hosting functionality within HubSpot for a variety of reasons:

• Use of tags to serve related content
  • Use of tags to improve user experience
  • Archiving of blog posts (automatically)
  • Search Engine Optimization
    • With the appropriate structured markup on the templates, Google will understand that these are articles/blogs vs website pages
  • Reporting
    • The reporting tools in HubSpot will allow you to see what visitors/contacts/customers were derived from blog post visits vs website pages
      • This will be unclear if the blogs aren't using the blog functionality

Josh 

Josh Curcio

SCrooks

Related pages

SOLVE

Thats really good.

0 Upvotes
Babak
Contributor

Related pages

SOLVE

Thank you for the quick response, so it seems there is no easy way to keep moving forward like this, and do you have any suggestions on how we can change the type of pages to the posts? Because in WP we have a kind of "Type switcher" or something like this, do you have something like that so we can automate it or should we do it manually one by one?

0 Upvotes