Blog, Website & Page Publishing

kellyed
Participant

Re: Should we move our blog to Hubspot?

SOLVE

Hey all,

I'm with a new startup so we'll be launching a blog for the first time. Therefore, my concerns are slightly different than these listed but I wanted to see if you all have any thoughts to share. Would you recommend starting out with HubSpot? One of my top concerns is design control. I am aware that HubSpot can now take our website home page design and apply that to the blog within a couple of weeks turnaround time, but I also read that one exception in this process is fonts which is a big part of our design. Does anyone have any experience with this process or starting a blog on HubSpot without a CSS or developer on our team? The other option I am looking at is Wordpress because of the integration.

2 Accepted solutions
ndwilliams3
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I would move the blog to Hubspot. You can easily do subscriber lists and post notfications without integrating another application. Analytics is also presented in a easy way for marketers, that don't have experience with Google Analytics, to understand. Design is pretty flexible in Hubspot, including webfonts. That can all be implemented in your CSS. If the font is currently implemented on your website, in can be implemented in your Hubspot blog.

View solution in original post

ajchapman20
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Happy to work through this with you. So it seems like the biggest concern is in regards to blog fonts. Do you know if these are custom fonts that you are looking to use on these pages? For example, HubSpot does have resources that walk through how to use these in your custom CSS. Here is one page that I like to send to customers to review https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/use-custom-fonts-on-blog-posts-or-pages

HubSpot has lots of resources open to customers, and while we do recommend working with developers if you are looking to utilize custom design, they do have resources open to customers including HubSpot support line, and out forums like this to post questions.

So in my eyes there is no reason not to move the blog over to HubSpot.  We like to consider HubSpot the Ferrari of CMS platforms 🙂

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @kellyed 

Glad to help here, where would you be moving your blog from?

If your blog posts are able to export in Squarespace XML files, you are able to import these posts to HubSpot since this is a file that is also compatible with the blog import tool.

More information can be found here 

You can use HubSpot's blog tool to create compelling content that educates your audience about your business.

About the fonts, if it's not a default font (available in the editor) - you may need to implement the use of custom fonts on your blog posts, more information about it here.

I will be tagging some of our top contributors to also give their opinions on your blog questions.

@ajchapman20 , @trevordjones , @ndwilliams3 , could you please share some thoughts about @kellyed  questions?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
kellyed
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you, Pam! I really appreciate it! 

ajchapman20
Solution

SOLVE

Happy to work through this with you. So it seems like the biggest concern is in regards to blog fonts. Do you know if these are custom fonts that you are looking to use on these pages? For example, HubSpot does have resources that walk through how to use these in your custom CSS. Here is one page that I like to send to customers to review https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/use-custom-fonts-on-blog-posts-or-pages

HubSpot has lots of resources open to customers, and while we do recommend working with developers if you are looking to utilize custom design, they do have resources open to customers including HubSpot support line, and out forums like this to post questions.

So in my eyes there is no reason not to move the blog over to HubSpot.  We like to consider HubSpot the Ferrari of CMS platforms 🙂

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert
kellyed
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, Alex. We have officially made the decision to move forward with our blog in Hubspot! 

ndwilliams3
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I would move the blog to Hubspot. You can easily do subscriber lists and post notfications without integrating another application. Analytics is also presented in a easy way for marketers, that don't have experience with Google Analytics, to understand. Design is pretty flexible in Hubspot, including webfonts. That can all be implemented in your CSS. If the font is currently implemented on your website, in can be implemented in your Hubspot blog.

kellyed
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your help!! 

0 Upvotes