Questions about new File Visibility feature

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/control-file-visibility-in-the-file-manager

This feature was rolled out recently and I need some clarity.

Are all of my existing files going to be indexed by search engines unless I manually turn off the "this file can be indexed by search engines" setting?

Since this feature was rolled out, the above setting is enabled by default for every file in our Marketing Hub instance. I have numerous landing pages with gated content that lead to a thank you page with a link to download said content. So, I want to make sure I don't need to take any additional steps to make sure the gated content files aren't indexed.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @cpburke ,

Thanks for submitting your question. Let me help clarify how existing files were handled for the rollout.

As we rolled out this feature to our user base, we decided that it would not make sense to change the status for existing files. This feature is enabled manually per file basis. You would have to go into your file details side panel and decide to make your file private, if you would like to make sure your gated files are not indexed going forward.

Kie

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Good to know. The only issue is that the setting has been enabled for all of my existing files, so I've had to go back and disable it for all of my gated PDF files.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Please expand this functionality to folders - so we haev files ornanized that way we can switch the whole folder as not indexable - instead of one by one.