Private web pages?

Highlighted

I created a flow whereby (I thought) a user would be granted access to a web page only after registering. I later found out that the 'private' web page was viewable by simply entering the address in the browser... no restrictions.

How do I make it so that only those who've registered can see the private page?

Thanks!
Jeff

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Esteemed Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @henrybasset,

We've done this in the past using Smart Content. You can limit visibility to members of a specified list. Once their registered you could either manually or automatically add them to that particular list. 

On the page itself, you would have smart content for folks that don't have access (maybe a request access section) and those that do me the criteria, the actual content of that page.

This won't completely lock down the page for them though. They will still see global elements such as banner images, navigation, footer, or anything else outside of the smart content module.

Let me know if you'd like to talk through this further. I'd be happy to help.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @henrybasset 

In addition to what @Josh has shared...

You could also look at using password protected pages (included in Marketing Hub Pro and the CMS), which require you to set and distribute the password, or membership pages which support user registration but are an Enterprise tier feature. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes