Blog, Website & Page Publishing

aalvarado
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Pop-up or landing page form - fist time visit and gated

lösung

I want to gate a piece of content...BUT...I only want people to see and fill out the form if they are a visitor.

Example:
The first time I go to a page for a calculator, a full-screen pop-up appears since I am a visitor. It tells me that I can use the free calculator as often as I want, but I need to register first. So, I register using the form and then have access to the calculator. The next day I go to the page, and it immediately opens to the calculator.

LANDING PAGE ISSUE
The landing page with a form will have it, so I have to submit the form every time I go to the page to access the content. I do not want to have to send an email or share the content page (calculator) URL so people can circumvent completing the form for each additional time they want to access it.

POP-UP FORM ISSUE
The pop-up form triggers only allows the pop-ups o 50% scroll, on exit, and after 7+ seconds.

Ideas?

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
jieyintan
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @aalvarado,

I think this can be done with smart content on your landing page by using a rich text module.

To do this, you can use "List Membership" as your smart rule for your rich text module.

• When a contact fills out a form to gain access to your Calculator, add them to this List A > Use "List A" as your smart rule.
  • Here's more information on how to set up smart content.

If a visitor is part of List A, you can configure the source code of your rich-text module to show your calculator. 

If the visitor is not part of List A, you can configure the rich-text module to show your form by adding your form into the source code of your rich text module. 

You can do this by clicking Advanced > Source Code in your rich text editor.You can do this by clicking Advanced > Source Code in your rich text editor.

I've configured my form embed code so that it will automatically redirect back to the same page after five seconds -- giving enough time for the system to process the form submission and add your visitor to List A. (See screenshot)

Form embed code in my default rich text moduleForm embed code in my default rich text module

Here's a link to the sample page that I created that you can test out if you'd like.

With this set up, as long as the visitor is cookied, they won't have to fill out the form over and over again if they'd like to access your calculator. On the other hand, visitors who haven't been cookied won't be able to access your calculator even if they have a link to the page. 🙂 

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten
jessebeginbound
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

lösung

There is a lot of great info in here on this. I'd like to offer another solution as well, as we've dealt with this so many times we created a module to try to help. We now have a verification gate module that blocks any page you put it on with a full-screen popup and requires an opt-in from the user that generates a custom cookie automatically. You can control the cookie name, cookie expiration date, messaging, branding, and even use it as a trigger in marketing.

Check it out and let me know what you think: https://marketplace.hubspot.com/products/begin-bound/age-verification-gate

Happy HubSpotting!

jieyintan
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @aalvarado,

I think this can be done with smart content on your landing page by using a rich text module.

To do this, you can use "List Membership" as your smart rule for your rich text module.

• When a contact fills out a form to gain access to your Calculator, add them to this List A > Use "List A" as your smart rule.
  • Here's more information on how to set up smart content.

If a visitor is part of List A, you can configure the source code of your rich-text module to show your calculator. 

If the visitor is not part of List A, you can configure the rich-text module to show your form by adding your form into the source code of your rich text module. 

You can do this by clicking Advanced > Source Code in your rich text editor.You can do this by clicking Advanced > Source Code in your rich text editor.

I've configured my form embed code so that it will automatically redirect back to the same page after five seconds -- giving enough time for the system to process the form submission and add your visitor to List A. (See screenshot)

Form embed code in my default rich text moduleForm embed code in my default rich text module

Here's a link to the sample page that I created that you can test out if you'd like.

With this set up, as long as the visitor is cookied, they won't have to fill out the form over and over again if they'd like to access your calculator. On the other hand, visitors who haven't been cookied won't be able to access your calculator even if they have a link to the page. 🙂 

aalvarado
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hi @jieyintan

Thank you! This seems like it will work. I do have one question for you.

You wrote, "On the other hand, visitors who haven't been cookied won't be able to access your calculator even if they have a link to the page. "

Does this mean that if a person is not cookied, they can never get to the calculator, or does it mean that a person that is not cookied will have to enter their email address every time they want to access the page?

0 Upvotes
jieyintan
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

@aalvaradoI don't think they will be able to see the calculator if we are not able to drop that cookie on their browser! If you're looking for a more reliable method other than cookies, maybe you could consider membership registration -- like this. 🙂