Blog, Website & Page Publishing

johnhenry
Contributor

Poll Plug in on Blog Posts

SOLVE

Hi all,

I am in the process of moving across our organisations Blogs to Hubspot.

One of our content type features a poll that we previously added in via a plug in when we used Wordpress. Now we are on Hubspot I was wondering what would be the best way of continuing this engagement device?

Thanks, John

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

No built-in polls functionality in HubSpot. However, both Typeform and SurveyMonkey offer polls functionality, and both integrate nicely with HubSpot. 

You might consider using a HubSpot CTA to link out to a pre-built Typeform poll. One added benefit of this method is that you may also use it via email.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
lgil
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

You could create a form, remove the email field and create a property to store the form submission information. 

If you want to send the "poll" through email, you could create a CTA that will direct your customers to the form.

If you want to embed it in a landing page, blog or website you can do so.

Then, you could go to to the analyze tab in the form you created to see the results.

I hope this workaround helps you guys!

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

No built-in polls functionality in HubSpot. However, both Typeform and SurveyMonkey offer polls functionality, and both integrate nicely with HubSpot. 

You might consider using a HubSpot CTA to link out to a pre-built Typeform poll. One added benefit of this method is that you may also use it via email.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
johnhenry
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for your response Frank. I was planning on placing the polls on blog posts, where they could vote on the page. Would this work with Survey Monkey or Typeform?

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>"I was planning on placing the polls on blog posts, where they could vote on the page. Would this work with Survey Monkey or Typeform?"

Not sure that wrangling an integration for single question polls would be worth the effort if traffic volume wasn't significant. Perhaps a group of generic HubSpot CTAs would work that could be coded into your blog template and lead to appropriate pages to handle satisfied, dissatisfied, and neutral visitor clicks.
- see HUBSPOT SMART CTAS BY REFERRAL SOURCE (TRAFFIC)

Notice the smiley faces at the end of that specific blog post. Those are placed INSIDE THE POST -- not scalable. You could place them in the template like that 'HubSpot Helpers' CTA at the end of each blog post -- scalable.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
johnhenry
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have thought about using CTAs as a means to collect customer feedback and think it's a good idea to implement going forward.

With the polls I am happy to go to the effort as I want to display the ongoing results of the poll for the audience. These are design to be topical but fun questions that we post every fortnight. Thanks for your help on this one.