Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Password protected master page with sub-pages

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Does anyone know if it's possible to create a password protected set of pages but only have 1 log in page, like a master login page?

My employer has asked for demo pages creating before pushing things live, but currently he has to enter a password on each individual page.

Ideally when accessing page Y, they should be redirected to page X to sign in first, if they haven't already.

Is this possible?

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @ben-duchy 

I don't think, HubSpot Password protection option solves your problem.

Have you tried the second option? Private - Registration Required. I've not tried this option either, so I can't say much. But to me, it'd work if we use the same list of users in all pages.

For example; you will create a new contact list with your employer email. And then use that same list in the multiple pages. HubSpot will send a registration email to the user and user have to register to access the content. I hope, they don't need to register for multiple pages, and one login could work for all the protected pages.

control-audience-access-editor

Here's a HubSpot guide to private content & registration. According to HubSpot, "Contacts will be prompted to register and log in when they visit a restricted page URL. After logging in successfully, HubSpot adds a cookie to the visitor's web browser, and they won't be prompted to log in again."

Let us know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Thanks 

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hi @Aakar ,

Yeah I've seen this - I think that's the way to do it, but unfortunatey it looks like this feature is only available on the next package Smiley Sad

Thanks for your help anyway

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Contributor

Oh. Sorry @ben-duchy 

Looks like it's available to HubSpot Marketing Hub Enterprise only at the moment.

I will set up an experiment to find out the results soon.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

ok, thanks @Aakar 

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @ben-duchy 

What's the use case here? Is it for the internal approval of web content before it goes live? Sounds like it could be, but I might be wrong. 

Cheers, Phil.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hi Phil,

Yes that's correct.

It will also be used as a testing ground for a new membership function we have planned, but that part I know we would need to upgrade.

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @ben-duchy 

Are you unable or uncomfortable using content staging for this purpose? The staging domain is totally non-indexed by HubSpot, so only people with the specific preview link can ever see what is staged - saves entering a password every time. 

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes