Blog, Website & Page Publishing

MGulati28

Page publishing

Hi

I am using the free version to create my webpage. However when I go to edit my footer section, there's a module called 'CTA' which is not included in free version and I am not able to delete it. And without deleting it I am not able to save changes made to the footer. I have tried seeking help through chat, which directed me here. I am on a time crunch and would appre A speedy response. Thanks

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Page publishing

Hi @MGulati28,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

It sounds like you are seeing a message that's prompting you to delete a CTA module that's not included in your subscription, correct? 

You would need to make the changes at the child theme level in order to remove the CTA module. When you make a child theme, you are able to edit the template, which means you can remove the CTA, but it'll still be there, as the theme has it I would advise since you don't have access to CTAs, would be look for another marketplace theme to create your pages under.

If you would like to remove the CTA module from the individual page, here's what you can do. I would recommend working with a developer on this:
  1. Go to "Settings Tab of your page and then "Advanced Options" settings of the page you're working on and click on "View Template"
  2. Create a child version of the theme (make sure to make the name obvious!) 
  3. Edit the module in the child them to remove the CTA
  4. Apply the html page template to the website page by going to the page settings > scroll down to "advanced options" > template > use a different template > search for the new child version of the theme > select the correct template

Hope this helps get you started!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
MGarabedian

Page publishing

3. Edit the module in the child them to remove the CTA

Can you please go into more depth about this step. I have the child code open.

0 Upvotes