Blog, Website & Page Publishing

RJRao
Participant

Open weblink based on user's location

Hi there, my website is multilingual. Are there any HubSpot integrations or tools that can help me automatically direct users to the appropriate language pages based on their location?

Let's say I am opening the website from India. It should automatically open the IN web link https://www.net2source.com/en-in/about-net2source not this US link https://www.net2source.com/en-us/about-net2source

2 Replies 2
elizheleva
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi, @RJRao ,

You can do this using a geo location service and write a script to do the redirects. The question I'm interested in, though, is "where would the traffic come from?" As, in theory, if you send an email to an audience, the links ought to be tailored to that audience. If it's from organic search, search engines will use the hreflang tags to figure that out. If you use paid search, again, the links should be the ones relevant to the audience. The same goes pretty much for every traffic channel, i.e. there's a way to take people to the correct version anyway.

Another simple solution could be to have a section of the site with smart content that will tell people "do you want to go to the regional site" or something along those lines? Amazon does this as well, whereby if you go to the US version and you're in the UK, it will tell you "do you want to go to Amazon UK", so it's behaviour that many people are familiar with.

This thread discusses a few more options.

I hope that helps,

Eli

I hope that helps,

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

RJRao
Participant

Hi @elizheleva ,Thank you for taking the time to write a response here. My first attempt was to use Smart Rules, but I think this was not the correct approach. Are there any geo-location applications that can be used with HubSpot?

0 Upvotes