Blog, Website & Page Publishing

chattyaj

Notify team members of new content [social, blog, landing pages, etc]

SOLVE

How do you guys organize your content in a way that the team is notified when new things publish?

I know sprout social has Bambu that notifies the team w/ ask.

But, I'd like to find a way to notify our team of social post, blog post with a tag campaign labels, etc. Basically looking for a super easy way to let sales know of all the new content out there from marketing.

1 Accepted solution
farnold_lac
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @chattyaj !

We utilize Microsoft Teams for this type of communication. Does your organization use Office 365 as your email provider? If so, that can be an option.

Teams is like Slack, so it is a social collaboration tool with many different integrations. You can tie all of your social and blog components to it through their "apps" marketplace which can do things like produce a notification to a specified team based on an event, say a post going out on Twitter or your blog. 

For us, this is what we did:

1. Created a team called Social Ambassador
  2. Add all of our employees to the team so they can follow and get notified when a new posting in that team goes live
  3. Tie the right applets (Facebook, Blog, Twitter, etc) to Teams with some easy point and click set up that it offers

This is what it looks like:

teams-example.PNG

This is a nice way of doing it because it allows for instant interaction with the different postings. As you can see in the image, the "Like" and "Retweet" option is right there. 

This also can be accomplished with Slack if you do not have Teams. Specific to HubSpot, there are limited ways to notify other users of, say, a landing page going live. This is because there is no way to tie a landing page event to a workflow that would automatically trigger a notification to a user. 

What you could do is, depending if you have access to a developer, is to utilize the Page List API and pull a list of all your pages associated with your HubSpot account. 

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/pages/get_pages

This data can be processed and placed in an area (say Slack or Teams or even a shared Excel file with sales) that produces all of the URLs for your landing pages and their associated headings/titles.

Let me know if this helps or if I can be of more assistance.

Best regard,

Fred

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
farnold_lac
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @chattyaj !

We utilize Microsoft Teams for this type of communication. Does your organization use Office 365 as your email provider? If so, that can be an option.

Teams is like Slack, so it is a social collaboration tool with many different integrations. You can tie all of your social and blog components to it through their "apps" marketplace which can do things like produce a notification to a specified team based on an event, say a post going out on Twitter or your blog. 

For us, this is what we did:

1. Created a team called Social Ambassador
  2. Add all of our employees to the team so they can follow and get notified when a new posting in that team goes live
  3. Tie the right applets (Facebook, Blog, Twitter, etc) to Teams with some easy point and click set up that it offers

This is what it looks like:

teams-example.PNG

This is a nice way of doing it because it allows for instant interaction with the different postings. As you can see in the image, the "Like" and "Retweet" option is right there. 

This also can be accomplished with Slack if you do not have Teams. Specific to HubSpot, there are limited ways to notify other users of, say, a landing page going live. This is because there is no way to tie a landing page event to a workflow that would automatically trigger a notification to a user. 

What you could do is, depending if you have access to a developer, is to utilize the Page List API and pull a list of all your pages associated with your HubSpot account. 

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/pages/get_pages

This data can be processed and placed in an area (say Slack or Teams or even a shared Excel file with sales) that produces all of the URLs for your landing pages and their associated headings/titles.

Let me know if this helps or if I can be of more assistance.

Best regard,

Fred

BMorini
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Fred,

We don't have teams, but i'd love to find a way to notify our team of new social postings via slack. Would REALLY appreciate your help! 

Thanks,

Brandi 

tdaviskav

SOLVE

Hello @farnold_lac,

What specific applets do you use to push notification form each platform. Looking to mirror your set up.

Thanks!

Tim

0 Upvotes
JasmienB
Participant

SOLVE

Also curious to find this out! @farnold_lac 

0 Upvotes
chattyaj

SOLVE

Thank you for the thoughtful and detailed response!

Much appreciated...

aj

0 Upvotes
farnold_lac
Participant

SOLVE

@chattyaj 

Not a problem! Let me know if you end up putting together a solution for the landing page bit. I would be interested to see that in action!

0 Upvotes