Blog, Website & Page Publishing

WWorks
Participant

New Blog

SOLVE

I have one default blog; if I create a new blog page, is it immediately visible, or not until I "publish"?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

New Blog

SOLVE

@WWorks no worries, sorry for the confusion, just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing!

Yes, when you create the blog, it won't publish anything because you still have to configure a domain once you click Create new blog.

The default will be a hs-sites domain, so it won't be connected to your domain automatically, there is a dropdown where you can change it once you've created it (something like this, but this is from a sandbox)

Jnix284_0-1678397726838.png

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
rileybrok

New Blog

SOLVE

it will be in draft. After publishing blog post you can share it with your friends or let the google index naturally. 

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

New Blog

SOLVE

Hi @WWorks happy to help, blog posts will not be visible until you publish the individual post.

The blog listing page is usually published once you have configured the template, saved, and published.

Hope this helps!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

WWorks
Participant

New Blog

SOLVE

Hi Jennifer:  Thanks for your response.  So, just for clarification, once I click "Create blog", it will not be visible on my website until I've actually "published" a blog posting.  I'm just confirming, because usually this type of work on our website is done by our HubSpot partner company (which we no longer have).  I usually just do edits to existing pages, so I'm a little nervous about this.

Thanks,

Wanda

Jnix284

New Blog

SOLVE

Hi Wanda, you're welcome! Correct, you can create a new blog on the staging domain and the listing page would only be visible once you connect to your domain (and add a link from your website to the blog) and blog posts for the blog are only public once published. You should be good to go 🙂

WWorks
Participant

New Blog

SOLVE

Okay, Jennifer -- hopefully 1 last question.  So you said "staging domain", I'm not sure I'm clear on this.  So, if I'm on the Blog page and continue to "Settings", and then at the dropdown at "Current View" I choose "create new blog", is that now where I would be creating the new blog at?  (Again, sorry for the somewhat redundant questions.)  I'm also not sure what you're refering to when you say "connect to your domain".

--Wanda

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

New Blog

SOLVE

Hi @WWorks I'm sorry it's not very clear, it's been hard to tell if you are talking about creating a new "blog" vs a new "blog post" - can you share a screenshot of what you're looking at, it sounds like you're in the settings creating an entirely new blog - which again, wouldn't be published until you connect it to a domain

WWorks
Participant

New Blog

SOLVE

I'm sorry Jennifer.  I thought I said new "blog" initially.  Yes, an entirely new blog, in addition to my default blog. Apologies.

blog capture.JPG

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

New Blog

SOLVE

@WWorks no worries, sorry for the confusion, just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing!

Yes, when you create the blog, it won't publish anything because you still have to configure a domain once you click Create new blog.

The default will be a hs-sites domain, so it won't be connected to your domain automatically, there is a dropdown where you can change it once you've created it (something like this, but this is from a sandbox)

Jnix284_0-1678397726838.png