Multiple passwords for password protected page

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I created a page that is password protected...unfortunately I realized after creating it that there are multiple passwords that people believe they can use to access this specific page, but we only want them to use one of them. I was thinking the solution to this was to allow people to use multiple passwords to access the page. Is there any way to do this? If not, is there any workaround for this? 

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Esteemed Contributor

The password protected page feature in Hubspot is very basic and is really not meant for user authentication as they state in their KB article that this does not provide any sort of encryption meaning that all passwords are sent over the internet as plain, readable text ( https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/cos-pages-editor/how-can-i-password-protect-my-pa... ).

Why does your audience believe that there are multiple passwords they can use to access the specific page? What precedence has been set? If you need to use Hubspot's password protection, it may just be a matter of clarifying the one password for them.