Blog, Website & Page Publishing

cpeacock
Participant

Multiple categories on a blog

SOLVE

I'd like to set up the News section of my website, enabling users to filter between "News" items and "Blog" posts.  

However, when users sign up to "Email updates" they should receive updates for both categories.  

So essentially, there should be one overall blog, with two categories users can filter by (rather than two separate blogs).

Is this possible to do with Hubspot?  I've not been able to work it out so far...

Many thanks,
Chris

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @cpeacock

The easiest way to achieve this currently is one blog with multiple topics. 

Multiple topics can be listed separately - in fact, topic-specific pages are created automatically, but the digest (and the main blog listing page) will contain posts from both topics. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hi @cpeacock,

were you looking for something like this?

http://psdtohubspot-2432204.hs-sites.com/filter-blog

For adding a filter like this, you have to use some scripting to display the posts with the active topic and hide the remaining. If you have any queries re this, please let me know.

0 Upvotes
Sasha3

SOLVE

Is there anyway you can describe in more detail how I can make my blog look like this? Please and thank you in advance.

0 Upvotes
cpeacock
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Anonymous 

Yes, that's exactly it.  I'll have a go at implementing, then get back to you if I have any problems.

Many thanks!

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @cpeacock

The easiest way to achieve this currently is one blog with multiple topics. 

Multiple topics can be listed separately - in fact, topic-specific pages are created automatically, but the digest (and the main blog listing page) will contain posts from both topics. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency