Blog, Website & Page Publishing

NMPohl
Contributor

Multiple H1 Tags error creating blog posts

SOLVE

Hi all, 

I am working on my marketing software certification and am trying to complete the lesson on blogs. When I went to complete the activity of making a blog post, everything was going well until I kept getting an error that I had 2 H1 tags on the page. The problem is I only thought I had one, my title, and I have no idea how to change it to an H2 tag or locate the other H1 tag. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 3.41.22 PM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
NMPohl
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Well apparently I passed that section of the course. I had done everything else right with the blog and I understand why multiple H1 tags are not proper SEO protocol. Will go ahead and close this out. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
FLgates

SOLVE

Check your content again sometime when you copy you content from Docs there is heading is pointed as H1 and paste same as it is and create such type of issues. I also have this issue on my Longboard website and when i audit my website then comes to my knowledge that i use multiple H1 for single post. Which actullay create trouble for search console to under stand what is main heading.

0 Upvotes
NMPohl
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Well apparently I passed that section of the course. I had done everything else right with the blog and I understand why multiple H1 tags are not proper SEO protocol. Will go ahead and close this out. 

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NMPohl ,

I would recommend you to please check your blog content again. 

Make sure you do not add headings of your content under H1 because HubSpot automatically takes the blog title under tag H1. So, if you want to add tags to headings in your content start with H2, H3 and so on. 

Hopefully, it will resolve the issue!

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

NMPohl
Contributor

SOLVE

I actually went and created a new blog post from a template with nothing other than lorem ipsum and it still says I have two H1 tags...

0 Upvotes
NMPohl
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately I have not added anything to the blog other than a featured image, and text to go in the main body section which are all not tagged as H1 as far as I know. I even added another title at the page header which put me up to 3 H1 tags, and then removed it to go back down to 2. 

0 Upvotes